|The Maestro Care Ambulatory Application Analyst is primarily responsible for the development, deployment, training, post-implementation support, product design and testing cycles of the Maestro Care Electronic Health Record (EHR). This includes planning, performing, managing, and supporting identified Maestro Care EHR users in the enterprise environment. |
The open position is for a LEVEL 2.
- May be required to obtain Epic certification and/or proficiency as defined by management through a combination of classroom instruction at Epic (Madison, Wisconsin), self-directed learning, multiple project assignments and competency exams
- Participate in a team on-call rotation between the hours of 8am - 6pm Monday thru Friday as well as one weekend per month to assist with monitoring of Ambulatory supported processes
- Interprets and analyzes systems, data, and information with supervision
- Implements applications, tools, processes and structures that assist end users with the management of data in their business unit
- Provides systems support, including troubleshooting and the configuration and testing of software
- Assist with daily production maintenance tasks where needed (ex. work queues, In Basket, eRX failures, etc.)
- Participates in monthly system validation, as well any unscheduled system update validations as needed
- Ability to initiate and follow change management processes for minor system updates # Ensures security of technology solutions with supervision
- Participates in planning and providing customer training sessions on system use or revisions
- Assists in making oral and written presentations to project teams and management # Completes moderately complex tasks and portions of larger information system projects with direction
- Identifies internal resources to build project team performance
- Updates system, operational and department documentation
- Recommends areas for process improvement
- Adhere to organizational policies and procedures and follow all change control processes defined within Maestro Care
- Perform other related duties incidental to the work described herein
In addition to the duties described for the Level 1, the Level 2 will:
Required Qualifications at this Level
- Provide identified liaison services between Epic and identified Maestro Care EHR application, deployment and development staff. Assist in the creation and execution of deployment tasks, clinical workflow interpretation, and participate in Maestro Care EHR application build, testing and support. Advise and assist with educational issues, including cross-training of team members, end- users and DHTS Service Desk via face-to-face, via phone or email and via training classes.
- Act as a Maestro Care EHR application expert for base functionality. Update test plans to account for testing of new features with all releases.
- Assist in the design and specification of bug-fixes to ensure they meet the needs of the Duke environment, as well as participate in design sessions and review of specifications for new features and enhancements in the Maestro Care EHR. Updating test plans to account for testing of new features with all releases.
- Work with others on the Application Support team to support maintenance of user access to Maestro Care EHR systems and track changes.
- Provide both business and after hours on-call support for issues pertaining to production: including the analysis, prioritization and implementation of requested changes, analysis of new functionality, coordination of software release updates, system testing and interface enhancements
- Perform in-depth analysis of end user department workflows, data collection, report details, and other technical issues associated with Epic software as they relate to system design and build decisions
- Proactively complete assigned MaestroCare application deployment(s), management and testing tasks within defined timeline
- Build, test, and debug Epic application(s) to ensure the system meets end user requirements
- Responsible for writing and executing test plans, documenting and resolving defects within Quality Center
- Document system and user procedures as necessary within ServiceNow
- Makes oral and written presentations to project teams, management, and other departments
- Coordinates and operationalizes simple to complex projects with direction
- Identifies areas for procedural improvements. Provides detailed specifications describing functions to be automated
- Work closely with report writers to ensure all operational and regulatory reporting needs are met including reports necessary to comply with regulatory requirements
- Provide oversight within identified development and production support meetings, reviews, and design sessions as assigned
- Familiarity with reporting workbench reports, flowsheet build and/or Hospital Outpatient Departments (HOD) preferred.
- Prefer a candidate with Phoenix or Kaleidoscope proficiency or experience.
EPIC ASSESSMENT: Candidates for this position may be required to complete a formal Epic assessment as part of the hiring process. The assessment is designed to identify candidates whose skills most closely align with the position requirements. Education/Training: Bachelor's degree in a related clinical or technical field, or four years of equivalent technical experience required.
LEVEL 1: If applicable, maintenance of North Carolina licensure or certification in related clinical discipline is required for all levels. Epic proficiency in an area of application support of a technical or support nature required within timeline defined by Maestro Care policies and procedures.
LEVEL 2: Epic certification in an area of application support of a technical or support nature required within timeline defined by Maestro Care policies and procedures. Must have an active certification of EpicCare Ambulatory.
EDUCATION: Bachelor's degree in a related clinical or technical field, or four years of equivalent technical experience required.
LEVEL 1: One to two years of related experience is required. Ambulatory clinical experience is strongly recommended.
LEVEL 2: Three to five years of related experience is required. Ambulatory clinical experience is required.
|Skills: ||LEVEL 1: |
Data coding - general
Data analysis and trending
Effective oral and written communication
User technical support/training
Ability to translate business process into a technical solution
LEVEL 2: In addition to the KSAs described for the Level 1, the Level 2 will demonstrate:
Knowledge of project management to manage deliverables
Design specifications for information systems
Implementation of information systems
Maintenance of information systems
Quality assurance (may be required)
Adult learning and training