NYU Wagner prepares the world's public service leaders to translate ideas into actions that have an effective and lasting impact. We provide our students with critical skills, access to all that New York City has to offer, and a deep understanding of the context surrounding today's most complex and challenging issues. Our students use that to improve cities across the globe, in the public, private, and nonprofit sectors.
In order to offer students the opportunity to learn from professionals in their field of study, NYU Wagner is seeking applicants with significant professional experience within the area of healthcare information technology to teach our graduate level Healthcare Information Technology course.
- Evaluate and select texts and instructional materials; prepare course materials
- Provide students an approved syllabus that includes course objectives and learning outcomes, teaching methodology, attendance policies in line with those of the University, texts and readings, assignments and deliverables, timelines and evaluation criteria
- Use the University’s course management system to post syllabus, assignments and other materials and to communicate with students
- Deliver course content using a variety of teaching styles and provide interesting and engaging assignments that demonstrate the real-world applications of concepts covered
- Observe and evaluate student performance in meeting course objectives and learning outcomes through assignments, projects, discussions or examinations; provide feedback in a timely manner on student progress
- Be available for student consultation through office hours or scheduled appointments, or by phone or email
- Encourage students to submit course evaluations, review course evaluations when available and use feedback to improve course delivery
- Revise and update course content as needed
- Attend one orientation session to become familiar with NYU Wagner’s mission and teaching philosophy, policies and procedures, and the course management system
- Meet with the Specialization Director as needed to discuss all aspects of the course including student progress and curriculum development (may be required to provide input into program development)
Special Instructions to Applicants:
Please complete our online application and upload a CV as well as course evaluations if possible. Review of applications will be ongoing.
The University is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer that does not unlawfully discriminate in any of its programs or activities on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or on any other basis prohibited by applicable law.