Event Coordinator - (170000PP)
The Office of Academic Affairs, Event Services, is currently seeking a full time Event Coordinator. The selected candidate will provide professional and administrative support to campus and external events being hosted at the SMC Campus Center, for internal (campus based), affiliated, and external clients.
Event Services is responsible for the management and operation of multiple special event/meeting spaces within the SMC Campus Center including but not limited to: three (3) conference rooms, three (3) multipurpose rooms, and two (2) ballroom spaces. The Event Coordinator reports directly to the Director of Event Services and will provide support for events scheduled within those spaces.
Occasional evening and weekend hours are required
UMB offers agenerous benefits package that includes 22 vacation days, 14 floating andholidays, 15 sick days; comprehensive health insurance and retirement options;and tuition remission for employees and their dependents at any of theUniversity System of Maryland schools.
- Provides administrative, logistics, and technical support within the Event Services team. This position will supervise a team of student staff, part-time employees and/or volunteers. The Event Coordinator will assist in creating a welcoming environment for guests and maintain standards for a high level of customer service.
- Ensures coordination of activities with on-campus departments and serves as a liaison with campus center operations, campus life service departments, facilities, janitorial services, security, parking, and food services for the facilitation and execution of events.
- Manages requests, scheduling and written confirmations of audio-visual reservations for event spaces, including setup and strike for technical needs of events; manages proper execution of facility rentals for internal and external events.
- Responsible for logistic aspects of events and meetings, including set-up and strike, furniture arrangements, technical, audio-visual services, and support services.
- Responsible for administering and maintaining an equipment inventory to include but not limited to: chairs, tables, audio/visual equipment etc.
- Performs other related duties as assigned
Education: Bachelors degree in one of the following disciplines: Hospitality Management, Higher Education Administration, Communications, or Business. Other degrees will be considered upon review of coursework and/or experience.
Experience:Two (2) years of experience in event/meeting management, fundraising, development, public or client relations.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Knowledge of special event programming.
- Knowledge of facility and equipment requirements for special events.
- Ability to operate and resolve issues with audio/visual and video equipment.
- Skill in exercising initiative, resourcefulness, and sound judgment with an ability to solve problems and make decisions.
- Skill in communicating efficiently and effectively both verbally and in writing with a variety of people internal and external to the organization. Ability to initiate conversations and requests.
- Ability to conduct simple negotiations and gain agreement from interested parties.
- Proficient in information technology word processing, spreadsheets, and databases.
Hiring Range: Commensurate with education and experience
- Ability to provide weekend and evening coverage.
If accommodations are needed for a disability, please contact Human Resource Services at 410-706-2606, Monday – Friday, 8:30am – 4:30pm EST. Maryland Relay can be accessed by dialing 711 (in-state) or 1-800-735-2258.
Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. Minorities, women, protected veterans, and individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply.
: Exempt Staff - E2921C
Employee Class : Non-Exempt Regular
Full Time/Part Time: Full-Time
: Evening Job
Financial Disclosure: No
: SMC Campus Center
: Apr 11, 2017
: May 1, 2017, 11:59:00 PM