Assistant Director of Student Services - (170000NX)
The School of Nursing, Student Affairs is seeking an Assistant Director, Student Services. Under limited supervision, this position plans, coordinates, and oversees clinical placement activities related to the efficient day to day operation. The incumbent embraces the mission of the Student Services Office and works collaboratively with the Director to redesign and reorganize the program and service delivery model to align with the mission statement and the achieving goals of the School.
Accountability Civility Collaboration Diversity Excellence Knowledge Leadership
At the University of Maryland, Baltimore, we are driven by our seven core values, philosophy, and daily business and education practices of our University
UMB offers a generous benefits package that includes 22 vacation days, 14 floating and holidays, 15 sick days; comprehensive health insurance and retirement options; and tuition remission for employees and their dependents at any of the University System of Maryland schools.
- Creates, implements, and provides oversight of clinical placement programs and provides co-curricular and interdisciplinary learning, leadership, cultural, and social interaction opportunities for students.
- Evaluates and implements placement and leadership models that build on existing programs and create an intelligible and accessible clearinghouse of opportunities for students across interests and disciplines.
- Collaborates and builds relationships with the schools, academic programs, University departments, and clinical sites to enhance the quality and variety of student placement.Assists with the preparation and revision of publications.
- Identifies, recommends, and implements technological tools and products that will enhance the web-based presence and social media programming capabilities of the office.
- Designs and implements data collection, analysis, and reporting.
- Provides student counseling services about clinical placement and collaborates with faculty.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Education:Bachelor's degree in a closely related field.
Experience:Three (3) years of progressive experience working with college students with at least two (2) years of experience at a leadership level.
Prior hands on experience in a comprehensible service learning environment and working with graduate and professional students highly desirable.
- Highly organized, exercising sound independent judgment.
- Ability to embrace diversity and function in a fast paced urban multicultural environment.
- Ability to use and leverage technology to deliver programs and resources in a virtual environment.
- Knowledge of student information systems.
- Excellent interpersonal, verbal, and written communication skills.
- Possess the confidence and ability to interact with individuals at every level of the University.
- Willingness and ability to work evenings and weekends as necessary.
Hiring Range: Commensurate with education and experience
If accommodations are needed for a disability, please contact Human Resource Services at 410-706-2606, Monday – Friday, 8:30am – 4:30pm EST. Maryland Relay can be accessed by dialing 711 (in-state) or 1-800-735-2258.
Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. Minorities, women, protected veterans, and individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply.
: Exempt Staff - E3743D
Employee Class : Exempt Regular
Full Time/Part Time: Full-Time
: Day Job
Financial Disclosure: No
: Nursing - Student Affairs
: Apr 10, 2017