Education: Bachelor's degree in business or public administration or another appropriate field.
Contract and Grants Coordinator:
Experience: Two (2) years of experience working with contracts and grants including budget and proposal preparation
Contract and Grants Specialist:Experience:
Experience: Three (3) years of experience working with contracts and grants including budget and proposal preparation Contract and Grants Coordinator and Specialist:
Except for qualifications established by law, additional related experience and formal education in which one has gained the knowledge, skills, and abilities required for full performance of the work of the job class may be substituted for the education or experience requirement on a year-for-year basis with 30 college credits being equivalent to one year of experience.
Financial Disclosure: Financial Disclosure is required.
Other: Credit history review may be required.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES:
· Ability to assimilate and apply key practices in field as well as all established statutes, regulations, decisions, directives, and procedures.
· Ability to prioritize, plan, track files and manage information.
· Excellent oral/written communication and interpersonal skills
· Working knowledge of basic PC software packages.
· Working knowledge of Kuali Coeus and other institutional software packages (e.g. UMBiz)
· Knowledge of commons grants-related websites and software including but not limited to eRA Commons and grants.gov
· Ability to develop higher-level negotiation skills, influencing, development of novel solutions.
· Ability to effectively implement analytical and organizational skills in order to interpret facts and figures and make sound judgments.
· Skill as a lead employee to mentor and guide subordinate staff.
· Ability to use sound judgment to execute multiple complicated and continuing contract and grant assignments in a timely manner.
· Ability to complete and administer complex grants.
· Ability to troubleshoot post-award grants administrations issues.
· Expert understanding of key practices in grants administration as well as all established statutes, regulations, decisions, directives, and procedures.
· Ability to diffuse challenging client interactions· Ability to act as a resource for non-routine grants administration questions. Possesses a working knowledge of grants and contracts related software and submission websites including (but not limited to) Kuali Coeus, Grants.gov, eRA Commons, ASSIST.
Hiring Range: Commensurate with education and experience
If accommodations are needed for a disability, please contact Staffing & Career Services at 410-706-2606, Monday – Friday, 8:30am – 4:30pm EST. Maryland Relay can be accessed by dialing 711 (in-state) or 1-800-735-2258.
Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. Minorities, women, protected veterans, and individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply.