- Primary contact for Parking Services, HU Housing, and ID card services information to Harvard University affiliates via walk-in, phone, email, as well as product-specific websites.
- Advise customers on eligibility for the issuance and distribution of ID cards. Process ID card orders (bulk printing or individual); enter POI information into University Directory; performs validation, image capture and printing of photo ID cards. Process lost ID card fees., Under direction of management, assist with special projects such as processing orders for non-photo ID cards (i.e. access cards, re-writeable and vanity cards) and perform image capture and printing at offsite events.
- Assist customers with issuing and processing parking permits, parking access credentials for short term, annual and event parking; parking permit replacements, parking permit cancellations, parking violation payments, and claim check retrievals for towed vehicles. Process payments for permit and parking violations. Under direction of management, assist with special projects such as parking email communications, parking relocations and wait list fulfillment. Process applications and payments during annual permit renewal process. Coordinate daily customer support and troubleshooting with parking services field operations staff.
- Assist customers who are prospective tenants with HU Housing portfolio and program information. Act as resource for customers with off campus and alternate resources. Interface with landlords, real estate brokers, and Harvard Affiliates to assist with the off campus listing process for non-Harvard owned apartments. Process monthly apartment payments and daily reconciliation of credit card terminals.
- Reconcile all daily transactions and receipts (cash, check, credit card, payroll and term bill transactions) processed for Parking, HU Housing and ID Card Services.
- The Campus Service Center is a University wide resource and staff must be capable of problem solving and facilitating resolution of service issues for customers regardless of whether the resolution is under direct CSC control. Trouble shoot issues related to directory information, access control, university privileges, Crimson Cash and meal plans, CSC products, software, data feeds and equipment.
- Maintain accuracy and security of all identity and confidential information; maintain security of all equipment and supplies ensuring equipment is shut down and all confidential paperwork and security sensitive and valuable supplies/products are secured on a nightly basis.
- Perform related duties as required.
The Customer Service Representative is the face of the Campus Service Center where the Harvard Community receives customer support obtaining services and assistance from Campus Services business lines: Parking Services, ID Card Services and HU Housing.
The Customer Service Representative (CSR) is responsible for providing optimal customer service support to all members of the Harvard community. Customer Service is provided in person, over the phone, by email and via several product-specific websites. The CSR handles routine as well as complex and specialized requests from customers which include Schools, Departments and individual students, faculty, staff and other university affiliates.
Salary Grade: 053
Union: 55 - Hvd Union Cler & Tech Workers