| At Boston Children's Hospital, success is measured in patients treated, parents comforted and teams taught. It's in discoveries made, processes perfected, and technology advanced. In major medical breakthroughs and small acts of kindness. And in colleagues who have your back and patients who have your heart. As the teaching hospital of Harvard Medical School, our reach is global and our impact is profound. Join our acclaimed Division of Adolescent Medicine and discover how your talents can change lives. Yours included.|
This Research Study Assistant II will be responsible for:
- Recruiting pediatric and adult participants from the Adolescent Medicine and Gynecology Clinics at Boston Children's Hospital, and from the Gynecology Clinics at Brigham and Women's Hospital.
- Enrolling study participants: performing informed consent, conducting study visits, and managing data collection technology.
- Contacting and following-up with participants over email, phone, and in person.
- Managing data and maintaining the database.
- Preparing & updating study documents for the Investigational Review Board (IRB).
- Contributing to study publications.
- Tracking study spending and submit funding reports.
To qualify, you must have:
- A Bachelor's degree and relevant work and/or research experience with a minimum of one year of related experience.
- An interest in adolescent health and gynecology/women's health.
- Exceptional organizational skills and multi-tasking abilities, with good attention to detail.
- Experience working as part of a team.
- The ability to take initiative and work with minimal direct supervision.
- A working knowledge of Microsoft Word, Microsoft Excel, Microsoft Access and SAS desirable.
The Research Assistant will work within the Boston Center for Endometriosis. This position requires spending time in the operating room,laboratory setting, and outpatient clinics. The ideal candidate is able to navigate a fast-paced medical environment, discuss sensitive topics about women's health, and provide quality patient interactions. Attention to detail,good communication skills, and ability to work as a team are essential. This research study assistant will be trained in the handling, processing and storage of biological specimens (blood,urine, saliva, tissue).
Boston Children's Hospital offers competitive compensation and unmatched benefits, including a rotating days/evenings and week-end schedule, affordable health, vision and dental insurance, generous levels of time off, 403(b) Retirement Savings plan, Pension, Tuition Reimbursement, cell phone plan discounts and discounted rates on T-passes (50% off). Discover your best.
Boston Children's Hospital is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action Employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status or disability.
Schedule: Mon - Fri
Standard Hours Per Week: 40