The Office of the Associate Dean for Undergraduate Education seeks a collaborative and strategic professional who is able to work productively in a fast-paced and complex educational environment. This position will serve as the primary contact and deliver program coordination for the Dean’s Freshman Research and Creative Scholars and the Collegiate Instructional Awards Programs; provide project support for special initiatives; oversee, plan and organize student/UGE events; develop and design operational/administrative templates and recommend revisions to best practices. The Project/Program Specialist works closely with the Leadership Team, various college administrative offices, students, faculty and staff members. The position entails a high level of professionalism while often working with confidential materials. The following is a list of specific job duties:
Project and Program Development, Coordination and Implementation - 55%
- In collaboration with the Director of Administration, Scholarships and Awards and admissions staff:
- Help to create strategic partnerships for yielding high achieving prospective new students using the Dean’s Freshman Research and Creative Scholars Program as a recruitment tool.
- Represent the University and participate in campus visits for students and their family members as needed.
- Develop a communication plan of action and assist the Director with communicating regularly with UGE, advising and admissions staff and faculty members about the value of this CLA Signature Program.
- Develop and manage the DFRACS Program timeline of activity.
- Design and create innovative program advertisement and marketing plans for prospective students that encourage student participation and success.
- Develop, write, and edit a strategic set of communications for students participating in the program.
- Monitor and maintain the program website.
- Provide programmatic and technical support to the Dean’s Freshman Research and Creative Scholars Program by:
- Recruit and track the student and faculty member participants
- Create and maintain a database of faculty research projects
- Strategically match students to the available research and creative opportunities
- Award, monitor and reconcile the student scholarships and stipends
- Track and collect the final projects from student and record grades
- Send the student and faculty communications, assign permission numbers and coordinating grade submissions
- Work closely with CLA department administrators and financial services teams to process the faculty member expense reimbursements
- Design, organize and arrange the Annual DFRACS Reception
- Coordinate poster and project presentation opportunities
- Plan and arrange the annual reception for approximately 150 attendees
- Identify and solicit faculty members to participate in the program/reception
- Conduct the annual student survey and disseminate the data.
- Develop, align, evaluate and report on targeted strategies to contribute to the success of the DFRACS Program.
- Provide primary support for the Director of Administration, Scholarships and Awards for the college’s instructional award processes and other program activities. Coordinate the college’s committees for teaching and advising awards. Facilitate the timely completion and submission of the Horace T. Morse, the Outstanding Contributions to Postbaccalaureate, Graduate, and Professional Education Awards to Central, the John Tate Advising Award, and the Motley Award to CLA by:
- Monitor and maintain the website
- Create and update the nomination template forms
- Prepare the annual advertisement communications
- Create and prepare the dossier files for the committee and the finalist dossiers for Central/CLA
- Provide assistance with questions from faculty and staff members regarding the nomination process
- Support the Instructional Awards Committee
- Attend the Distinguished Teaching Awards Ceremony
- Manage web content, eNewsletter and other targeted communications in conjunction with various stakeholders (i.e. CLA UGE communications staff).
Program Outreach and Success Monitoring – 20%
- Conduct research and data analysis in order to better understand the Dean’s Freshman Research and Creative Scholars Program experience and identify trends/gaps in the student experience. Partner with the Director in order to contextualize findings and strategically improve programs.
- Conduct the annual student survey and disseminate the data.
- Monitor trends in student research opportunities in higher education to keep UGE’s communications programs top notch and relevant.
- Support the College and University brand.
- Assist with implementing programming and develop targeted communications to connect students with campus programs that lead to student success.
- Assist with maintaining alignment between the programs and initiatives and the college’s strategic vision.
- Prepare and monitor program expenditures.
- Monitor and track assigned budget for student research programs, events and activities. This includes monitoring and processing monthly expenses for the assigned budgets.
- Implement strategies as defined by the college to ensure that unit goals and objectives are being met in the annual program budget.
Administrative and Operational Coordination – 15%
- Develop workflow policies and procedures and maintains standard operating and procedural manuals. Creates best practices and templates for unit.
- Has secondary responsibility for provision of internal administrative and facilities support for UGE staff and coordination of reception (greet guests and visitors, offer refreshments, answer main phone line, sort and distribute mail, sign for deliveries) and point of contact for faculty, staff, students, and visitors. Investigates inquiries and return calls promptly with the requested information.
- Back up management of the calendars for leadership team. Makes appointments, monitors, and maintains the calendars of the Associate Dean and the Leadership Team.
- Order lunches, track RSVP’s, schedule conference rooms, and provide appropriate equipment for meetings.
- Produce quality word processing documents including accurate editing/proofreading, formatting applications, program materials, correspondence, and graphic materials (tables, charts, slides). Compose complex correspondence.
- Provide administrative support to, and/or serve on, relevant committees. Take accurate and complete notes at meetings, transcribe and disseminate minutes of meetings, and maintain accurate and complete committee files.
Program Engagement and Training Coordination – 10%
- Develop training materials and assist with conducting training for CLA UGE staff and departmental administrators to work effectively with student research opportunities and instructional award process.
- Assist with writing and editing for the College’s publications and other materials.
- Serve as a subject matter expert on administrative services and instructional awards processes for UGE.
- Represent and participate in UGE projects, committee assignments and outreach as needed to advance the program goals.
- Implement across CLA offices and departments regular communication with campus partners and stakeholders to provide coordinated outreach.
- Attend and participate in All Staff and Unit meetings, ongoing training and Collegiate events as requested.
- Other duties as assigned