Touhill Performing Arts Center
Provide basic or advanced theater production services at events at the Touhill Performing Arts Center. This support consists of stage crew duties.
- Unload and load large equipment, scenery, theatrical items, sound and lighting equipment, etc, from semi trucks.
- Under specific direction, place equipment on, around, or near stage for events.
- Set up scenery (i.e. scenic pieces, temporary stages, specialized/sophisticated equipment); sound equipment (i.e. trusses, speakers, cables, controls); lighting equipment (i.e. trusses, lights, cables, controls); other performance support items (i.e. costumes, scenic decorations).
- With advanced training or demonstrated skills, may run an event as part of a show crew.
- With advanced training or demonstrated skills, may run lighting, video, or audio consoles.
- With advanced training or demonstrated skills, may run counterweight fly system or motorized fly systems.
- Clean up after events.
- A high school diploma or documented equivalent.
- 2+ years of experience in an educational or professional theater setting.
- Able to handle complex tasks with supervision.
- Ability to work long and unusual hours, including late at night.
- Ability to use stairs and ladders.
- Ability to work comfortably at significant heights, such as grids, lifts, ladders, catwalks.
- Ability to transport objects weighing up to 60 pounds.
- An understanding of theatrical terminology, equipment, and usages.
- An understanding of stage crew duties.
- Intermediate or advanced skill in one or more technical theater specialties.
- Good communication skills and customer service experience is recommended.
Specific Job Responsibilities and Pay will be commensurate with experience.
This will be an on-going posting.
Applicants must combine all application materials (cover letter, resume, and list of three references with contact information) into one PDF or Microsoft Word document and upload as a resume attachment. Limit document name to 50 characters. Maximum size limit is 11MB. Do not include special characters (e.g., /, &, %, etc.).
For questions about how applicants apply, please call (314) 516-5805, or if you are experiencing technical problems, please email mailto:firstname.lastname@example.org.
UMSL is an equal access, equal opportunity, affirmative action employer that is fully committed to achieving a diverse faculty and staff. Equal Opportunity is and shall be provided for all employees and applicants for employment on the basis of their demonstrated ability and competence without unlawful discrimination on the basis of their race, color, national origin, ancestry, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, genetic information, disability, or protected veteran status.
EEO IS THE LAW
To read more about Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) please use the following links: