International Studies and Programs
The Senior International Admissions Officer is responsible for managing international admissions at the University. As a member of the Office of International Studies and Programs, the person in this position will develop annual recruitment strategies for increasing international student enrollment at UMSL.
• Oversee the handling of prospective student inquiries, foreign transcript evaluation, and international admissions and scholarship processing
• Train and coordinate day-to-day duties of international admissions staff
• Initiate marketing efforts to target international students, including online, print and correspondence campaigns
• Make admissions decisions on undergraduate applications
• Facilitate the processing of graduate applications in conjunction with the Graduate School
• Serve as DSO/ARO and generate immigration documents for incoming international students
• Coordinate interoffice procedures with key departments on campus (i.e. Registration, Admissions, Institutional Research, English for Academic Purposes, etc.)
• Advise the Director of International Studies & Programs on international initiatives
• Liaise with partner institutions and foreign embassies
• Perform other duties as assigned
• Bachelor’s degree in a related field or an equivalent combination of education and experience and at least 4 years of experience from which comparable knowledge and skills can be acquired is necessary.
• Knowledge of international credentials and education systems
• Understanding of regulations governing international students in the U.S.
• Ability to work effectively with people from a variety of cultures and backgrounds
• Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
• 5 years of experience in university admissions
• Experience studying or living overseas
• Demonstrated knowledge of relevant software programs (i.e. PeopleSoft, Microsoft Office, SEVIS, fsaAtlas, Cascade, Slate, Perceptive Content, and Cognos)
April 28, 2017
Applicants must combine all application materials (cover letter, resume, and list of three references with contact information) into one PDF or Microsoft Word document and upload as a resume attachment. Limit document name to 50 characters. Maximum size limit is 11MB. Do not include special characters (e.g., /, &, %, etc.).
For questions about how applicants apply, please call (314) 516-5805, or if you are experiencing technical problems, please email mailto:email@example.com.
UMSL is an equal access, equal opportunity, affirmative action employer that is fully committed to achieving a diverse faculty and staff. Equal Opportunity is and shall be provided for all employees and applicants for employment on the basis of their demonstrated ability and competence without unlawful discrimination on the basis of their race, color, national origin, ancestry, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, genetic information, disability, or protected veteran status.
EEO IS THE LAW
To read more about Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) please use the following links: