Science Internship Program Diversity Director University of California, Santa Cruz Astronomy and Astrophysics JOB #: 1707065
FULL TIME; CAREER Full Salary Range: $55,800 - $139,200/annually. Salary commensurate with qualifications and experience.
UCSC strives to embrace diversity in all its forms; it strives to be an inclusive community that fosters an open, enlightened & productive environment.
Reporting to the Science Internship Program (SIP) Faculty Founder/Executive Director, the SIP Diversity Director will strategically develop and direct a new bridge program that will prepare students for participation in SIP. This bridge program will be a multifaceted outreach effort that promotes diversity and community representation in STEM (science, technology, engineering, and math). The mission of the bridge program is to increase the number of underrepresented and/or educationally disadvantaged students who choose to pursue higher education in the sciences while also increasing the transfer rate of SIP alumni to UC Santa Cruz. SIP is rapidly expanding and this Diversity Director position will involve directing new activities and generating a number of new program components including new funding streams.
Manages, plans, administers and coordinates administrative operations of a mid-sized academic program, the multifaceted outreach effort that will be the bridge program for the Science Internship Program, the operations of which are significantly complex and/or broad in scope. Performs short and long term planning for the function. Reports to the SIP Founder. Goal is to raise $1.5M over 5 years.
The UCSC Science Internship Program is a 10-week summer program that engages bright, motivated high school students in real, cutting-edge research projects in a variety of STEM disciplines across four divisions of the UCSC campus. For more details, visit the UCSC Science Internship Program website: http://ucsc-sip.org/
● Extensive demonstrated experience in the personal solicitation of major gifts from private sources, foundations and/or corporations.
● Sound knowledge of the full spectrum of development practices, principles, ethics, and activities; these include solicitations, stewardship, administration, and working with high-level volunteer committees, as well as the ability to apply this knowledge creatively to specific fundraising projects.
● Extensive demonstrated experience in strategic planning of programs, projects or equivalent.
● Sound knowledge of the related administrative components and professional experience sufficient to design a multifaceted program.
● Demonstrated skills in the gathering, compiling, and analysis of data and evaluations of programs and activities.
To ensure review of application materials by the hiring unit they must be submitted electronically via the Staff Employment Opportunities web site (http://jobs.ucsc.edu ) on or before the initial review date. Computers are available at the UCSC Staff Human Resources office located at 1201 Shaffer Road, Santa Cruz. For further information or to request disability accommodation call 831-459-2009. Hearing impaired are encouraged to use the California Relay Service 800-735-2922. The University of California, Santa Cruz is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Copyright 2015 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.