Dining Unit Manager
University of California, Santa Cruz
JOB #: 1707007
FULL TIME; CAREER
Starting salary: $68,000/Annually
UCSC strives to embrace diversity in all its forms; it strives to be an inclusive community that fosters an open, enlightened & productive environment.
Colleges, Housing and Educational Services (CHES) is a multi-funded organization within the Business and Administrative Services (BAS) division at the University of California (UC) Santa Cruz. CHES provides leadership in the areas of college student life and residential services, housing services, facilities, employee housing and capital planning, dining services, conference services, early education services, the Bay Tree Bookstore, ID card services, and business and financial analysis for these areas. Through these units, educational and developmental programs and services are offered to all members of the campus community including students, faculty, staff, children and external constituents.
CHES provides on-campus housing and dining services to nearly 8500 undergraduate and graduate students in ten residential colleges and six multi-college affiliated residential communities which support single students and students with families.
UC Santa Cruz Dining is instrumental in the success of our students as well as providing services to staff, faculty and guests of the campus. Our mission is to be committed to: creating a diverse, safe, fun and trusting environment for our guests and team; building an innovative dining program providing high quality service and food while embracing social, nutritional and financial responsibilities.
Under the general direction of the Assistant Director for Dining Services, the Unit Manager manages a multi-faceted dining service operation for University Dining Services Department. The Unit Manager directs a seven day a week academic year high volume Board Dining, Retail or Catering/Specialty operation. The Unit Manager directly supervises a team of professional managers, career staff, and numerous limited and student staff. The academic year operating expense budget for a Unit Manager ranges up to $8 million.
The Unit Manager directs the activity of multiple program areas that are administered in the Dining unit throughout the year, including fiscal management, staffing, and accounting for each program as appropriate. The program areas for Unit Managers may include academic and Summer conference meal service, College Nights in collaboration with the College programming staff, assigned Retail or Catering operations, departmental assignments and other related program areas as needed.
● Strong and extensive demonstrated experience in management related to the Restaurant, Catering, Hotel, Retail and College Dining fields, including but not limited to marketing, financial and labor management, menu development and effective costing, handling and storage, quality control, health and safety.
● Strong demonstrated experience to provide the highest level of customer service in planning and managing catered events, restaurant operations, and retail enterprise and/or college food service.
● Strong demonstrated experience in financial analysis and management toward profit.
● Strong demonstrated experience in menu development, culinary production, safe food handling and storage and quality control, and service and event planning skills in restaurant, retail, or catering environments.
● Strong demonstrated supervisory, leadership, and personnel management skills to effectively administer and manage through others.
Position is open until filled; Initial Review Date: 04-18-2017
APPLICANTS ARE REQUIRED TO USE THE UCSC ON-LINE PROCESS
View full job description and access on-line application: https://jobs.ucsc.edu/applicants/Central?quickFind=69728
To ensure review of application materials by the hiring unit they must be submitted electronically via the Staff Employment Opportunities web site (http://jobs.ucsc.edu ) on or before the initial review date. Computers are available at the UCSC Staff Human Resources office located at 1201 Shaffer Road, Santa Cruz. For further information or to request disability accommodation call 831-459-2009. Hearing impaired are encouraged to use the California Relay Service 800-735-2922. The University of California, Santa Cruz is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Copyright 2015 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency