| Company Overview:|
At Memorial Sloan Kettering (MSK), we’re not only changing the way we treat cancer, but also the way the world thinks about it. By working together and pushing forward with innovation and discovery, we’re driving excellence and improving outcomes.
For the 27th year, MSK has been named a top hospital for cancer by U.S. News & World Report. We are proud to be on Becker’s Healthcare list as one of the 150 Great Places to Work in Healthcare in 2016, as well as Glassdoor’s annual Employees’ Choice Awards 2017. We’re treating cancer, one patient at a time. Join us and make a difference every day.
Advanced Practice Provider (Physician Assistant or Nurse Practitioner) – Inpatient Supportive Care
We are seeking an Advanced Practice Provider (Physician Assistant or Nurse Practitioner) for our inpatient Supportive Care Service. The APP will provide comprehensive care to hospitalized oncology patients in order to meet their medical and psychosocial needs, implement and evaluate standards of care, and participate in research necessary to establish exemplary, evidence-based care.
The Advanced Practice Provider (APP) will join a team of over 500 NPs and PAs across MSK who are dedicated to delivering compassionate, expert and comprehensive cancer care to patients and families, supporting the mission, philosophy, standards, goals and objectives of the institution and department.
* A good decision-maker, with proven success at making timely decisions that keep the organization moving forward
* Able to work effectively in an environment notable for complex, sometimes contradictory information
* Adept at planning and prioritizing work to meet commitments aligned with organizational goals
* Effective at gaining the support and commitment of others by engaging them around your point of view and priorities
* Flexible in your approach and demeanor in order to align with the shifting demands of evolving circumstances
* Conduct comprehensive, focused assessments of adult oncology patients and families with palliative care needs in both independent and shared practice models.
* Collaborate with disease management teams and members of the Supportive Care interprofessional team to formulate, implement, monitor, evaluate and modify palliative care plans throughout the illness trajectory and continuum of care
* Work with patients and families to determine their understanding of the patient’s condition, proposed treatment plan and treatment options.
* Participate in discussions of goals of care in order to facilitate a safe, appropriate and effective discharge plan.
* Participate in the implementation of patient education and clinical support programs to ensure optimal care throughout the healthcare continuum
* Engage in quality improvement in patient care services and department functions, including evaluating the effectiveness of the health care delivery system in meeting the health care needs of oncology patients and families.
Qualifications needed for an NP candidate are:
* Current New York State (NYS) RN and NP licenses/registrations
* Master’s degree in nursing, prescriptive privileges (or eligibility)
* 3+ years of related clinical experience
* Related National NP certification
Qualifications needed for a PA candidate are:
* Graduate from an accredited PA program
* NCCPA certification
* Active NYS license or be qualified for state licensure
* A minimum of 2 years of related experience is preferred
Hours: Full-time 10 hour days, including weekends and holidays
MSK is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer committed to diversity and inclusion in all aspects of recruiting and employment. All qualified individuals are encouraged to apply and will receive consideration without regard to race, color, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, age, religion, creed, disability, veteran status or any other factor which cannot lawfully be used as a basis for an employment decision.
Federal law requires employers to provide reasonable accommodation to qualified individuals with disabilities. Please tell us if you require a reasonable accommodation to apply for a job or to perform your job. Examples of reasonable accommodation include making a change to the application process or work procedures, providing documents in an alternate format, using a sign language interpreter, or using specialized equipment.