| Company Overview:|
At Memorial Sloan Kettering (MSK), we’re not only changing the way we treat cancer, but also the way the world thinks about it. By working together and pushing forward with innovation and discovery, we’re driving excellence and improving outcomes.
For the 27th year, MSK has been named a top hospital for cancer by U.S. News & World Report. We are proud to be on Becker’s Healthcare list as one of the 150 Great Places to Work in Healthcare in 2016, as well as Glassdoor’s annual Employees’ Choice Awards 2017. We’re treating cancer, one patient at a time. Join us and make a difference every day.
We’re taking bold steps to redefine what’s possible in Laboratory Medicine. Our state-of-the-art clinical laboratories provide sophisticated technology and automated equipment that allow our teams to get to answers faster and more efficiently, with a strong emphasis on applied and translational research. We are committed to the growth and advancement of the department, and fully support the active collaboration of scientists, clinicians and industry experts to develop next-generation laboratory methods. MSK is also dedicated to providing diverse educational opportunities to further develop the skills and ambitions of our medical technologists, laboratory managers, and laboratory directors.
Very exciting time for our department as Memorial Sloan Kettering is building a state-of-the-art laboratory medicine facility on East 64th Street between First and Second Avenues. The new Laboratory Medicine Building will maximize operational efficiency, allowing the Laboratory Medicine team to provide test results faster and reduce the amount of blood needed from a patient to generate those results.
For further information, please visit: https://www.mskcc.org/departments/laboratory-medicine/expertise
The Department of Laboratory Medicine is seeking an Assistant Laboratory Manager in the Microbiology Laboratory.
- This individual will assist the lab manager in the administrative and technical activities of the Microbiology service to ensure efficient and effective operations and quality of service. These activities include the organization of work, supervision of employees, staff development, expense control, quality management, process improvement and problem solving.
- This individual will also cover for the manager in their absence.
- Bachelor’s degree required (Major: Biology, Medical Technology or Clinical Laboratory Sciences preferred); Master’s degree preferred. If degree is in another discipline, all didactic and training requirement prerequisites must be complete as outlined by NYS and other accrediting agencies.
- 6+ years of Microbiology Laboratory experience (including supervisory experience) and
- NYS Clinical Laboratory Technologist License
- ASCP Certification preferred
MSK is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer committed to diversity and inclusion in all aspects of recruiting and employment. All qualified individuals are encouraged to apply and will receive consideration without regard to race, color, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, age, religion, creed, disability, veteran status or any other factor which cannot lawfully be used as a basis for an employment decision.
Federal law requires employers to provide reasonable accommodation to qualified individuals with disabilities. Please tell us if you require a reasonable accommodation to apply for a job or to perform your job. Examples of reasonable accommodation include making a change to the application process or work procedures, providing documents in an alternate format, using a sign language interpreter, or using specialized equipment.