Central Washington University
Central Washington University is an Affirmative Action/ Equal Opportunity/Title IX employer committed to providing employment opportunities without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, pregnancy, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, disability, or protected veteran status.
Full/Part Time Full-Time
| || |
| || Job Summary |
| || |
This position supports the admissions and academic advising functions in the College of Business by processing student applications, coding students, placing advising holds, supporting scheduling and enrollment management, and performing other tasks related to student program tracking. As a primary point of contact for CB students, this position will be a primary resource for students on advising and admissions policy, enrollment and schedule issues. This position will serve as back-up coverage for the front reception area in the CB Advising Office.
| || Job Duties |
| || |
College of Business admissions and advising
- Primary processor for CB admissions applications, course substitutions, coding students into programs, assigning faculty advisors, placing advising holds
- Administrative/office support pulling files, running transcripts, and processing program change requests
- Scheduling and enrollment support, including running enrollment reports and student class schedules, checking pre-req override reports and reconciling enrollments consistent with CWU and CB policy. Assist the Director with management of CB enrollments and wait lists.
- Manage content for CB Advising website
- Assist in the scheduling, planning, student registration for, and delivery of admissions and advising events (e.g., orientation, major declaration sessions, recruiting events)
- Provide office/clerical support for the director and CB professional advisors
- Maintain CB admissions, advising and enrollment reports
Primary point of contact for CB students
- Assist with the major declaration process for students
- Assist students with using MyCWU and the resources available on the CB Advising website
- Help students troubleshoot enrollment issues for CB courses
- Monitor the CB Advising, CB Processing, and CB Dean's email accounts
- Send routine communications to CB students on behalf of the professional advisors.
- Provide back-up coverage of the CB Advising and CB Dean's Office reception desk
- Oversee scheduling of the CB Dean's Conference room
- Set-up and manage paper and electronic files
- Purchase office supplies and related items
- Miscellaneous clerical tasks as need.
- Other duties as assigned
| || Minimum Qualifications |
| || |
- Increasing responsible clerical/office experience OR an equivalent combination of experience, training and/or education which clearly demonstrates the ability to perform the essential functions of the job
- Excellent interpersonal, written, communication, presentation and listening skills
- Demonstrated ability to work with students, staff and faculty
- Experience or training that demonstrates the ability to use Word, Excel, e-mail and/or similar software applications to produce written correspondence, create and maintain spreadsheets, receive and respond to e-mail inquiries, tasks, etc.
- Demonstrated ability to work independently to accomplish tasks and projects
- Bachelor's degree
- Analytic/query experience utilizing large databases
- Working experience providing customer service, resolving issues, problems, and complaints
- Experience working in higher education
- Accountability/Dependability: Accepts responsibility for quality of own work; acknowledges and corrects mistakes. Shows up on time, meets standards, deadlines and work schedules.
- Judgement: Makes timely, informed decisions. Analyzes options and determines appropriate course of action.
- Teamwork: Promotes cooperation and mutual support to achieve goals. Encourages participation and mutual support.
- Adaptability/Flexibility: Responds positively to changing business needs and responsibilities. Adapts approach and methods to achieve results; recovers quickly from setbacks and finds alternatives.
- Commitment to Diversity: Recognizes the value of diversity and helps create environment that supports and embraces diversity.
| || Pay,Benefits, & Work Schedule |
| || |
Salary: $2268/month with periodic increases up to $2925/month
Schedule/Appointment: Monday - Friday, 8:00am-5:00pm (1 hour lunch)
Working Conditions: Work is performed in an indoor office setting with frequent in-person interactions. It is essential to be able to remain at a desk/computer work station for prolonged periods of time, perform extensive data entry and other computer-related tasks and create/maintain filing systems for departmental records. Some evening or weekend work and/or occasional travel may be required.
Benefits: CWU offers a comprehensive benefits package including medical and dental insurance, retirement and optional savings plans, life and disability insurance, along with vacation and sick leave plans depending on employment classification. For additional information please visit: http://www.cwu.edu/hr/benefits-0
| || How To Apply |
| || |
To apply for this position, you must complete the on-line application and attach:
- A detailed cover letter clearly demonstrating how your education and experience: (a) meet the required (and, as applicable, preferred) qualifications, and (b) demonstrate the ability to perform the responsibilities as described by the posting;
- Resume including work history, education, training; and
- Contact information for three professional references.
Screening Begins: May 8, 2017
**Priority will be given to applications received by the screening date. Incomplete applications will not be considered.
| || Contact Information |
| || |
Name: Tinja Wyman
Title: Administrative Specialist
Phone: (509) 963-1955
Website: College of Business
Please contact Human Resources at email@example.com or 509-963-1202 if you require technical assistance with the on-line application process.
| || Conditions of Employment |
| || |
Prior to employment, final candidate(s) will be required to submit to a background check. All information obtained through background investigations will be strictly confidential and revealed only to those required to have access.