Assist EHS staff with safety program implementation, safety inspections and miscellaneous office tasks. Programs may include Hazard Communication, Machine Safety, Performing Arts Safety, Respiratory Protection or others.
Assist EHS staff with laboratory safety program implementation and various research support program tasks.
Provide support to the research safety, fire safety & environmental compliance teams within EHS. Provide assistance with special projects as directed. Provide support for performing inspections, assessments, training, drills, investigations and waste collection.
Provide office support for EHS staff. Tasks may include assisting with scanning, filing and archiving EHS documents.
- High school diploma.
- Enrolled in a B.S. Degree Program for Occupational Health and Safety or similar program.
- Zero (0) to one (1) year of relevant experience.
- Good interpersonal skills.
- Good communication, problem solving, organizational and computer skills.
- Must be able to access all areas of the University.
- This position occasionally requires the ability to lift and carry heavy objects of greater than 50 lbs.
- Experience with PowerPoint and Excel.
- All offers of employment are contingent upon a criminal background check satisfactory to Brown.
Recruiting Start Date:2017-04-12-07:00
Job Posting Title:EHS Safety Intern
Department:Environmental Health and Safety
Worker Sub-Type:Seasonal/Intermittent (Fixed Term) (Seasonal)
Time Type:Part time
Scheduled Weekly Hours:20
Please note that in order to be considered an applicant for any staff position at Brown University you must submit an application form for each position for which you believe you are qualified. Applications are not kept on file for future positions. Please include a cover letter and resume with each position application.
Still Have Questions?
If you have any questions you may contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Brown University is an E-Verify Employer.
Brown University is committed to fostering a diverse and inclusive academic global community; as an EEO/AA employer, Brown considers applicants for employment without regard to, and does not discriminate on the basis of, gender, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, race, protected veteran status, disability, or any other legally protected status.