The Brown University Division of Advancement seeks qualified applicants for the position of Director of Foundation Relations.
The Director of Foundation Relations develops and directs a comprehensive foundation relations program to secure and sustain leadership support for the priorities and long-term goals of the University. Overseeing a staff of five fundraisers and administrative support staff, he/she will identify, cultivate, solicit, and steward foundation funding sources, as part of the Universityâ??s strategic plan.
- Planning and directing a comprehensive private foundation fundraising program ;
- Implementation and execution of activities and communications;
- Intra-university and external community relations;
- Staff management
- Bachelors Degree and 6-8 years experience in fundraising or related areas such as budget preparation, strategic planning, goal-setting, and supervision, or equivalent combination of experience and education.
- Advanced degree preferred.
- Familiarity with higher education preferred.Experience with major foundation fundraising and proven ability to create and secure new funding sources from private sector donors.
- Proven management experience.
- Excellent communication skills, both written and oral.
- Demonstrated ability in maintaining long-term relationships with high-level prospects / clients / customers.
- Must have a degree of computer proficiency and Information Management Skills to carry out the major responsibilities of this position.
All offers of employment are contingent upon a criminal background check and education verification satisfactory to Brown.
Applicants are asked to submit both a cover letter and a resume with their applications.
Recruiting Start Date:2017-04-12-07:00
Job Posting Title:Director of Foundation Relations
Time Type:Full time
Scheduled Weekly Hours:37.5
Please note that in order to be considered an applicant for any staff position at Brown University you must submit an application form for each position for which you believe you are qualified. Applications are not kept on file for future positions. Please include a cover letter and resume with each position application.
Still Have Questions?
If you have any questions you may contact email@example.com.
Brown University is an E-Verify Employer.
Brown University is committed to fostering a diverse and inclusive academic global community; as an EEO/AA employer, Brown considers applicants for employment without regard to, and does not discriminate on the basis of, gender, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, race, protected veteran status, disability, or any other legally protected status.