The Administrative Coordinator will report directly to the Director of Certification and Career Training. The ideal candidate must be reliable, punctual, organized, and have a demonstrated ability to juggle multiple priorities in a very busy school setting as well as:
- Conduct one-on-one career exploration sessions with students using NCWorks.
- Assist the director with responsibilities relating to program orientations, informational sessions, and career fairs.
- Assist director with communicating and scheduling guest speakers, site visits, simulation activities, and mock interviews.
- Assist director in creating new and updating existing manuals, guidebooks, student handouts, marketing materials, booklets, industry contact spreadsheets, employment boards, and presentations.
- Attend meetings to stay current on career pathways.
- Assist director by being a liaison between student, industry, and college for all student externships. Handle inquiries, manage externship agreements, and meet with industry partners to explain and follow through with student externship evaluations.
- Initiate contact and schedule introductory meetings for new industry partnerships.
- Must attend division and department meetings, as well as, meetings with industry partners to stay current on labor market and employment needs.
- Will assist in marketing and recruiting students.
- Contact students with inquiries regarding course schedule, textbooks, supplies, and any prerequisites.
- Plan, develop and implement student orientation processes for students enrolled in the hospitality, culinary, and massage therapy programs.
- Keep an ongoing inventory of supplies, vendor's contact information, and equipment warrantees.
- Assist director in planning, developing, and implementing student development activities.
- Assist director in managing grant funding.
- Meet with students to discuss employment opportunities in their career pathway.
- Provide information and recommend students regarding wrap-around services to interested students, such as Dress for Success and Suited in Success.
- Provide administrative support for programs and grants.
- Additional duties shall include other appropriate activities as assigned.
The administrative coordinator will be expected to exercise sound judgment and independence while assisting with related activities that support continuing education programs in Durham and Orange Counties. The position must demonstrate a strong commitment to quality customer service and applying excellent problem solving and communication skills.
1. An Associate degree and two years' experience in business management or administrative services in a university setting is preferable but not required.
2. Ability to be self-motivated and self-directed.
3. Superior written/oral communication and Internet research.
4. Proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Access, and Outlook.
5. Ability to create presentations in Prezi is recommended.
6. Strong work ethic, positive, student focused attitude, superior professionalism, dependability and reliability.
7. Valid and current NC driver's license.
8. Excellent time management, organizational and self-planning skills displaying flexibility by adjusting work schedules according to changing priorities, meeting demanding deadlines and producing high quality work.
9. Ability to effectively convey factual information and detailed explanations of program to industry, community, staff, and students.
10. Prior experience working in a college or university setting and/or with adult learners is a plus.
Job Type: Part Time Staff