Program Coordinator MerimacPrimary Location:
REM Wisconsin is seeking a highly motivated, self-starter to serve as a Program Coordinator in Merrimac to lead services within a designated service or program. The Program Coordinator will provide quality support to assigned individuals and oversee the activities of the employees within the service or program.
This is for a new program that will be Autism and mental health focused. Applicants for this position should have a good knowledge base about individuals on the Autism Spectrum and mental health, and be passionate about supporting them.
As a partner with The MENTOR Network, REM Wisconsin is committed to providing community-based residential, supported living and day services throughout Wisconsin. Adults and children with intellectual and developmental disabilities, brain injuries, physical disabilities, persistent mental illness, and complex medical conditions benefit from mission-driven programs designed to meet their unique needs.
Every person needs the support of others, but we look for very special people to support individuals with disabilities. As a Program Coordinator with REM WI you'll be one of those special people.
For REM WI and The MENTOR Network the Program Coordinator is critical to our success and exemplifies the wonderful mission driven work we do here every day.
To that end, the Program Coordinator role is a fantastic role to continue your career path in Social and Human Services with a myriad of career options to move up and across the organization.
REM WIis seeking a Program Coordinator to manage the day to day activities, budgets and schedules for one home in the Portage, WI area. Program Coordinators ensure all consumers are properly managed and cared for, including implementing programs and services for the consumers. The Program Coordinator also manages, hires, trains and schedule staff; and coordinates activities and appointments of individuals served and maintains records. Qualifications:
- Ensures that all people at sites served are regarded with dignity in all interactions while providing direct service to assigned consumers including training and assistance in social, behavioral, health care needs and all areas of daily living.
- Assists in accessing medical and health related services, also assists in the development and implementation of the client's service plan/behavior intervention plans for individuals receiving services.
- Provides direction, supervision, training and support to assigned staff. Assists in the screening, evaluation and discipline of staff.
- Acts as a mentor for staff to promote teamwork and employee safety
- Completes and maintains staff schedules.
- Schedules and or provides recreational and leisure time opportunities with consideration for client choice.
- Provides monitoring, documentation and reporting in accordance with corporate and regulatory standards.
- Assists in the management of client and household funds.
- Performs direct care duties.
- High School diploma or equivalent and minimum three years' experience in the human services industry
- One year supervisory experience, preferred
- Demonstrated ability to complete required documentation. Skilled in written and oral communications.
- Valid driver's license and driving record that meets insurability as defined by the Company's insurance carrier, car registration and auto insurance
Deadline for submission is Friday, April 28th at 4pm.