Requisition # 60620
<!--[if !supportLists]--> <!--[endif]-->Longs Peak Hospital
<!--[if !supportLists]--> <!--[endif]-->Full-time
<!--[if !supportLists]--> <!--[endif]-->80 hours/pay period (bi-weekly)
<!--[if !supportLists]--> First Shift Days - Monday through Friday with rotating weekends and holidays
Elevating the Possibility of U at UCHealth
The new 53 bed hospital in Longmont will join UCHealth and Longmont Clinic's proud tradition of superior care and unwavering commitment to patients and the communities we serve. Longs Peak Hospital combines a high energy environment and a "patient first mentality," giving employees the opportunity to deliver the highest quality care to patients. The highest quality of care gives patients access to advanced treatments, complex surgeries and innovative clinical trials across the entire UCHealth system.
Provides high quality routine Hematoxylin and Eosin, immunohistochemically and histochemically stained slides to pathologist for routine or complex diagnosis and prognostic markers.
- Embeds and sections processed tissue sections to produce slides for diagnosis. Sections frozen tissue to produce slides for quick diagnosis during surgical procedures.
- Performs special staining techniques for interstitial elements of tissue sections to include micro-organisms and various cellular components including antigens and enzymes for complex diagnosis and prognostic markers.
- Conducts research and titrations of new antibodies used as diagnostic tools for diagnosis and prognosis. Serves as a consultant to laboratory staff and other clinical areas as needed.
<!--[if !supportLists]--> <!--[endif]-->Maintains immediate work area and equipment used for embedding and sectioning specimens. Maintains processing equipment, strainers and solutions used in the process
- Associate's Degree in related field and graduate of an accredited Histotechnician or Histotechnologist program, or qualified by CLIA grandfather exception.
- Certified as a Histotechnologist (HTL) or Histotechnican (HT) by the American Society for Clinical Pathology.
IF APPLICABLE: Due to Point of Care Testing duties associated with this position, upon hire, a copy of highest level of education (diploma, degree, or transcripts) would be required to present to the hiring manager. If this is available to you at this time, please attach it with your resume in one document.
With award-winning hospitals and facilities serving the entire Front Range, University of Colorado Health is the state's largest and most innovative health system. By integrating the strengths of academic medicine with the finest community health care, we're able to push the boundaries of medicine and offer our employees endless career opportunities. Here, there are no limits, except those you place on yourself. Everyone is united by their passion for discovery and their commitment to improving patients' lives.
Join Us. Together We Improve lives.
The University of Colorado Health (UCHealth) system recognizes and appreciates the rich array of talents and perspectives that equal employment and diversity can offer our institution. As an affirmative action/equal opportunity employer, UCHealth is committed to making all employment decisions based on valid requirements. No applicant shall be discriminated against in any terms, conditions or privileges of employment or otherwise be discriminated against because of the individual's race, creed, color, religion, gender, national origin or ancestry, age, mental or physical disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, transgender status, genetic information or veteran status. UCHealth does not discriminate against any "qualified applicant with a disability" as defined under the Americans with Disabilities Act and will make reasonable accommodations, when they do not impose an undue hardship on the organization.