The Director is one of the leaders of a practice, working often in conjunction with a Partner. An important part of the role is building long term relationships with top management in the sector, as well as private capital investors (in particular mid and large cap PE) and entrepreneurs.
The role is suitable for a senior professional services practitioner working in the specific sectors of TMT, Financial Services or Consumer and/or with private equity who is looking to transition from to a role with considerable breadth, autonomy and responsibility; or alternatively an established executive search practitioner who is currently doing board level search for PE backed portfolio companies.
- Share accountability drive business development and strategy for the sector specific practice, TMT, Consumer or FS, ensuring the team is ahead of transactions that are upcoming in the sector
- Develop long-term relationships with current and prospective clients and executives in the sector
- Take day-to-day management of the practice, including selling and delivering on Skillcapital's lines of business:
- Transaction support: pre-acquisition angle generation and commercial due diligence using the firm's access to senior executives
- Executive search for PE portfolio companies, pre- and post- transaction
- PE deal origination (including CEO representation)
- Provide real business benefit to clients, candidates and colleagues through market and industry knowledge, specialisation and strategic contacts
- Manage the process of winning assignments from clients, execute searches and close negotiations between clients and candidates within optimum timeframes
Our ideal candidate would possess:
- Multiple years' experience in a professional services firm environment such as strategy, management consulting, M&A advisory, PE advisory or Board Level Executive Search
- Experience working with PE or similar investors
- Team management- able to manage and motivate a talented team of 10 people.
- Strong business development skills and track record of building business
- A strong drive to succeed and grow a business
- The ability to think laterally across all our business lines – search, deal origination and transaction services.
- The ability to work autonomously and also collaboratively
- Strong client relationship skills
- Personable – excellence at building strong trusted commercial relationships
- Language skills would be considered an advantage
- Director level salary and significant bonus: we benchmark against other top tier professional service firms.
- Flexible autonomous working environment: focus on results, not face-time
- Entrepreneurial environment, yet chance to work with a trusted global brand in the private equity industry
- Intellectual curiosity – a drive for personal and professional development
- High emotional intelligence – a natural relationship-builder, an excellent judge of character and thoughtful and reflective in approach
- Strong cultural fit – highly motivated, enthusiastic, takes the initiative, authentic in style and thrives in an entrepreneurial environment
- Commercial nous – intuitively understands where the opportunities are and how to convert them
- Leads by example - motivated self-starter who acts with integrity and treats others with respect
- Collegiate – comfortable working through complex problems with others and motivated by "doing the work", not just managing
- High tempo approach – used to multi-tasking and significant workload