| PURPOSE; |
The Senior Project Manager is responsible for delivery of change within the FCC team. The purpose of the role is to deliver enhanced capability - systems, people and processes - to the FCC business as usual (BAU) team. It requires close collaboration with technology and operations, FCC, the wider Legal & Compliance function, and with the Financial Crime Risk Mitigation Program.
Key Roles and Responsibilities
Champions Change Management in FCC
* Defines criteria and processes for BAU owner to accept change
* Provides expert advice to the FCC team on managing change
* Partner with Accountable Executive(s) (AE) for key change and remediation programs across the FCC team.
* In response to changes to policies / procedures, designs projects to ensure that people, systems and process changes required are identified and implemented for the function.
* Ensures that project planning takes account of BAU capability in times of change.
* Establishes project plans, works with AEs or Strategic Sponsors to secure funding, participate in the project steering committees and supervise Business Analyst(s)
* Partner with FCC management to ensure alignment and agreement with the release of key skilled resources to support programs.
Risk Identification and Mitigation
* Works with senior members of the FCC team to identify the risks from change projects and mitigation action plan
* Prepare periodic reports and presentations for senior management
* Support Head, FCC Change Delivery, Americas and Program Manager, FCC Change Delivery with activities to deliver projects and programs to FCC BAU
* Maintain close relationships with stakeholders across FCC, and all applicable work streams within the SRP program
* Share best practices and lessons learned
People and Talent
* Lead and develop an effective team through communication, performance management, development plans and reward/recognition practices.
* Promote an environment that supports diversity and reflects SCB core values.
* Identify, assess, monitor, control and mitigate risks to the firm
* Awareness and understanding of the regulatory framework in which the firm operates, and the regulatory requirements and expectations relevant to the role
* Deliver 'effective governance'; challenge fellow executives effectively; and work with any local regulators in an open and cooperative manner.
Regulatory & Business Conduct
* Display exemplary conduct and live by the Group's Values and Code of Conduct.
* Take personal responsibility for embedding the highest standards of ethics, including regulatory and business conduct, across Standard Chartered Bank. This includes understanding and ensuring compliance with, in letter and spirit, all applicable laws, regulations, guidelines and the Group Code of Conduct.
* Effectively and collaboratively identify, escalate, mitigate and resolve risk, conduct and compliance matters.
* Lead the Team to achieve the outcomes set out in the Bank's Conduct Principles
* Embed the Group's values and code of conduct to ensure that adherence with the highest standards of ethics, and compliance with relevant policies, processes and regulations among employees form part of the culture.
* Local regulator prescribed responsibilities
* FCC Unit Heads and Senior Managers in region
* FCC Project and Program Managers, in region
* Supervisory Remediation Program in region
* Monitor Liaison Team in region
* Business Accountable Executives, in region
* Group Internal Audit department, in region
* Group head of Controls
* Embed here for good and Group's brand and values in the Team.
* Perform other responsibilities assigned under Group, Country, Business or Functional policies and procedures.
COMPETENCIES (KNOWLEDGE & SKILLS):
Category Competency Proficiency Level
Execute Compliance Governance, Frameworks and Models * Knowledge of AML compliance requirements in Banking
* Support the business to make decisions based on the knowledge and interpretation of current and possible future policies, practices, trends and information of financial crime Advanced
Project Management * Develop project business case to get funding and/or approval requests; Conduct project stakeholder analysis and identify the needs of relevant stakeholders to get buy in; Define clear plans that outline the key activities, timeline, stakeholders, milestones and deliverables; Identify and assess project interdependencies (dependency type, profile, specifications and timelines to determine the critical path and control standards Expert
Category Competency Proficiency Level
Achieve Results * Set clear performance expectations and provide guidance when assigning work
* Delegate tasks to team members based on their capabilities and strengths
* Inspire team members to follow my lead
* Motivate employees by recognizing, rewarding and praising their contributions
* Drive team performance and responsiveness
* Coach and develop my team members
* Provide positive, constructive and timely feedback to my team Advanced
Build Resilience * Foster team agility and receptiveness to change
* Navigate my team through ambiguity
* Support team members who are dealing with pressure and disruption
Stakeholder Management * Facilitate collaboration, networking and alignment within and across teams
* Invest time getting to know my direct reports
* Deepen my team's stakeholder relationships
* Show I care for my team members so they feel valued, trusted and respected
* Make the most of everyone's unique contributions
* Resolve conflict in my team constructively Expert
Communicate * Share information, guidance and decisions with my team
* Keep my team's stakeholders informed, especially if things don't go to plan
* Encourage my team to listen actively and communicate openly
* Show my team how to influence key stakeholders
* Interpret Bank communications for my team
Change Management * Drive my team to execute to a high standard
* Deliver lasting client value through my team
* Focus my team and manage competing or shifting priorities
* Make intelligent trade-offs with the team (e.g., between project timelines and quality)
* Remove obstacles to team performance
* Own, identify and quickly resolve risk and control issues in my team
* Supervise team members more closely to manage increasing risk when needed
Critical Thinking * Encourage my team to solve problems and make decisions collaboratively
* Prompt my team to ask the right questions
* Cultivate practical creativity in my team
* Help my team members to use good judgment Advanced
Spot Opportunities * Align my team's business plan with Bank strategy
* Balance short and longer-term team priorities
* Challenge my team to improve processes and reduce complexity
* Encourage my team to learn
* Consider the wider implications of my team's decisions and actions
Take the Lead * Take accountability for providing clear, effective supervision and leadership
* Provide clarity and direction for my team
* Set the tone and expectations for my team
* Champion and role model the Code of Conduct and values for my team
* Place the Bank's interests over personal or team gain
* Make myself accessible to team members Advanced
Qualifications and Skills
- Bachelor's or equivalent work experience
- At least 7-10 years experience in an Operations, Project or Program management role within financial services or Regulatory industry required
- Knowledge of Anti-Money Laundering, Financial Crime Compliance or Risk Preferred
- PMP preferred
How To Apply
You can search and view current opportunities across our organisation and apply immediately by visiting www.standardchartered.com and selecting Careers. To help speed up your application, please note the following:
- You will need to log in (or register if you are visiting our careers site for the first time) before you can apply for a specific role
- Some roles may require you to undertake an online talent assessment in addition to completing the application form (to facilitate this process it is preferable that you provide us with an email address as part of your contact information)
- We will ask you about your education, career history and skills and experience, it may be helpful to have this information at hand when completing your application
It usually takes 15 - 20 minutes to complete the application form; you can save your application at any time and return to complete it at your convenience.
Diversity and Inclusion
Standard Chartered is committed to diversity and inclusion. We believe that a work environment which embraces diversity will enable us to get the best out of the broadest spectrum of people to sustain strong business performance and competitive advantage. By building an inclusive culture, each employee can develop a sense of belonging, and have the opportunity to maximise their personal potential.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Standard Chartered is an equal opportunity employer. We have a meritocratic culture where each individual employee is valued and respected for who they are as a person and for what they bring to the organisation.