POSITION: Assistant Professor - Occupational Therapy (Full-Time)
LOCATION: Baker of Flint
Baker College Professional Services, Inc. seeks to hire an individual to be assigned to the position of ASSISTANT PROFESSOR - OCCUPATIONAL THERAPY (FULL-TIME) for the benefit of and to be located at Baker of Flint.
GENERAL STATEMENT OF DUTIES:
The Assistant Professor - Occupational Therapy will teach courses in credentialed area of expertise, using best practice pedagogy, delivery methods, student engagement and assessment. It is expected that the Assistant Professors at Baker College create a positive, productive, relevant and engaged classroom to assist and guide students to be successful and enable them to achieve course goals and expectations.
MINIMUM EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS:
- Doctorate degree with at least a Master’s degree in a specific discipline preferred; or Master’s degree in a specific discipline or normal highest degree in a professional field (with at least a Bachelor’s degree or evidence of advanced technical preparation in non-academic fields); Master’s degree plus 10 years of full-time qualifying professional field experience (Candidates advancing from the Instructor rank must have above-average evaluations indicating categories of “Meets” or “Exceeds” in the past 3 consecutive years, including a full evaluation within the past 12 months) required
- Previous college level teaching experience preferred
- Must have a willingness to travel to off-site system meetings
- Must be computer literate in Microsoft Office Suite and Google Apps
- Must possess excellent verbal and written communication skills
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Teach courses as assigned and in accordance with the course description
- Assess the needs of students and help coordinate the development of a plan to address these needs
- Attend and participate in all regularly scheduled Assistant Professor meetings unless excused by the appropriate administrator or unless classes conflict
- Make yourself available (according to schedule) for student consolations
- Meet all scheduled classes, consultation hours, and final examinations as scheduled
- Maintain attendance records of students and submit required reports to the Registrar’s Office in a timely manner
- Prepare and submit grade reports on schedule to the appropriate administrator
- Be accessible to students both in and out of classroom and formal office hours
- Listen to students and encourage them to actively participate in the learning process
- Respond to requests of faculty leads, department chairs, directors, committee chairs, records office, etc. in a timely manner
- Maintain current knowledge in subject areas of instruction
- Other duties as assigned
WORK SCHEDULE: BCEA Teaching Contract, 225 days per year
REPORTS TO: Dean of the School of Occupational Therapy
STARTING DATE: August 1, 2017
COMPENSATION: Wage and benefit package as listed in the BCEA bargained for agreement.
APPLICATION PROCEDURE: Please submit cover letter and resume via email or fax only by May 1, 2017 in care of:
Baker College Professional Services, Inc.-FL
Human Resource Department
Fax: (810) 766-2109
Baker of Flint’s combined Annual Security and Fire Safety Report is available to anyone. This report is required by federal law and contains policy statements and three years’ worth of crime statistics for the school. This report is available online at http://www.baker.edu/media/ckfinder/files/Security-Report-FL.pdf. You may also request a paper copy from the Baker of Flint Campus Safety office.