Chambersburg Animal Hospital is seeking an Associate DVM to join our practice!
New Graduates welcome to apply- Great Mentorship Opportunity!!
Now offering housing bonus, student debt relief or relocation reimbursement
Chambersburg Animal Hospital is a full service companion pet hospital providing comprehensive veterinarian medical, surgical, and dental care for dogs, cats, and pocket pets. We are located conveniently off of Routes 81 and 30 in Chambersburg, Pennsylvania and have been serving the community for over 70 years.
Chambersburg Animal Hospital is a 4 doctor, well-established, full-service, small animal veterinary hospital providing comprehensive medical, surgical and dental care. We are located in Chambersburg, PA. Chambersburg is a modern city with a small town feel. Population is approximately 52,000. The area is rich in our nation’s Civil War history, with seasonal beauty, year-round recreation, and old-fashioned, hometown appeal. Recreation, shopping and cultural activities include: hunting, skiing, tubing, golf and fishing. Larger city attractions are easily accessible from Chambersburg, located only 3 hours outside Pittsburgh & Philadelphia, approximately 2 hours from Baltimore & D.C and 1 hour to Harrisburg & Frederick, MD. A desirable school district offering both private and public options and low cost of living makes Chambersburg the perfect place to live!
About our hospital:
- Four exam rooms, treatment area, large surgery suite, and recovery ward
- Full In-house laboratory utilizing modern Idexx equipment for both in-house and send out
- In house ECGs run and interpreted
- Electrosurgery and C02 Laser surgery
- Isoflourane anesthesia, electro surgery, and laser surgery
- Excellent surgical monitoring capabilities
- Digital X-ray system with excellent imaging quality seconds as well as Digital dental x-rays
- Ultrasonic Dental equipment
- Complete pharmacy- well-stocked inventory of established pharmaceuticals as well as many of the latest developments
- Cold Laser Therapy
- Newest version of AVI Mark software
- Relationships with referral practices when special diagnostic procedures are required
What we’re looking for:
- New graduate or experience
- Outgoing and friendly personality
What we offer:
- Housing bonus, student debt relief or relocation reimbursement
- Paid time off
- Paid CE
- Paid Doctors License renewals
- Health Insurance
Find more information at www.chambersburganimalhospital.com
The Associate Veterinarian is an invaluable member of the hospital team who works directly with a Managing Doctor and supporting medical staff. This individual advances the quality of medicine in the practice and provides exceptional client service to our clients and patients. Builds rapport with clients by gathering information and listening to, and empathizing with their concerns. Performs physical examinations and diagnostic/medical/surgical/dental procedures that deliver the highest quality care while minimizing patient stress and discomfort. Communicates with clients on topics such as pet diagnosis, treatment plans, preventive health care, and nutritional needs.
Skills and Basic Qualifications
- A Doctor of Veterinary Medicine (DVM) or related degree from an accredited university.
- Licensure in good standing to practice in the state in which applicant is to be employed.
- Commitment to practicing the highest standard of medicine and upholding veterinary code of ethics.
- Demonstrates excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Works collaboratively with hospital team members.
- Makes decisions confidently and effectively.
- Manages time and tasks appropriately.
- Models a professional and courteous manner with staff and clients.
- Commitment to ongoing educational development and growth
We reward leadership and excellence with:
- Highly competitive base salary
- Medical, Dental and Vision Insurance
- Life Insurance
- Bonus Program
- 401(k) plan
- Paid Vacation and Sick Time
- Paid Holidays
- Continuing Education Allowance
- Career Growth Opportunities
- In-house Training