| Company Overview:|
At Memorial Sloan Kettering (MSK), we’re not only changing the way we treat cancer, but also the way the world thinks about it. By working together and pushing forward with innovation and discovery, we’re driving excellence and improving outcomes.
For the 27th year, MSK has been named a top hospital for cancer by U.S. News & World Report. We are proud to be on Becker’s Healthcare list as one of the 150 Great Places to Work in Healthcare in 2016, as well as Glassdoor’s annual Employees’ Choice Awards 2017. We’re treating cancer, one patient at a time. Join us and make a difference every day.
Under the direct supervision of the attending neuropsychologist, the Pediatric Neuropsychological Testing Technician has the following responsibilities:
- Administer neuropsychological, educational, social-emotional and behavioral tests to pediatric, adolescent and young adult oncology patients and survivors through the Departments of Psychiatry and Behavioral Sciences and Pediatrics.
- Educate participants and parents with accurate and appropriate information regarding potential late effects from their medical treatment and making specific recommendations for interventions, accommodations and services that may be beneficial in educational and vocational settings.
- Ensure timely completion and provision of written reports, as well as feedback to referring physicians and members of the medical treatment team.
- Assist in the collection, recording and scoring of various test data for clinical and/or research purposes.
- Ensure timely and accurate completion of notes and billing codes as per institutional and CMS policies.
- A Master’s degree in Psychology or a related field with at least 2 years of professional experience (i.e., coursework, externship, internship and fellowship) in assessing infants, children, adolescents and young adults.
- A Doctorate in Psychology or a related field is preferred with clinical experience in working with medically ill pediatric populations.
Hours: Monday to Friday, 9 am to 5 pm
Please submit a cover letter along with your application.
MSK is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer committed to diversity and inclusion in all aspects of recruiting and employment. All qualified individuals are encouraged to apply and will receive consideration without regard to race, color, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, age, religion, creed, disability, veteran status or any other factor which cannot lawfully be used as a basis for an employment decision.
Federal law requires employers to provide reasonable accommodation to qualified individuals with disabilities. Please tell us if you require a reasonable accommodation to apply for a job or to perform your job. Examples of reasonable accommodation include making a change to the application process or work procedures, providing documents in an alternate format, using a sign language interpreter, or using specialized equipment.