| Company Overview:|
At Memorial Sloan Kettering (MSK), we’re not only changing the way we treat cancer, but also the way the world thinks about it. By working together and pushing forward with innovation and discovery, we’re driving excellence and improving outcomes.
For the 27th year, MSK has been named a top hospital for cancer by U.S. News & World Report. We are proud to be on Becker’s Healthcare list as one of the 150 Great Places to Work in Healthcare in 2016, as well as Glassdoor’s annual Employees’ Choice Awards 2017. We’re treating cancer, one patient at a time. Join us and make a difference every day.
The clinical neurophysiology faculty at MSKCC are board-certified neurologists, all of whom have done clinical neurophysiology fellowships with emphasis on intraoperative monitoring. All of the faculty perform intraoperative neurophysiologic monitoring and also interpret EEG and EMG/nerve conduction velocities. We are a major teaching site of the Cornell clinical neurophysiology program and have trained fellows for over a decade. In addition, we have experience in training new IOM technicians.
As a Neurophysiology Technician, you will:
- Be responsible for Intra-operative neurophysiological monitoring , which is the application of somatosensory evoked potentials, motor evoked potentials, brainstem auditory evoked potentials, electromyography, and quantitative electroneurocepholographic recording techniques to detect changes in the functional status of neural structures at risk during surgery.
- Ensure proper operation, interconnection and maintenance of OR equipment; maintain equipment in optimal condition; trouble shoot problems intra-operatively; comply with all hospital safety polices to assure a safe OR environment.
- Perform inpatient and outpatient nerve conduction velocities under the supervision of a fellowship trained neurologist.
- Maintain the log book.
- Take initiative to complete work, solve problems, communicate issues and suggest efficiencies.
- An Associate’s degree/Certified Vocational Training in Electroneurodiagnostic technology, Electronic Technology, Computer Systems.
- 2-4 years of experience with intraoperative neurological monitoring.
- Knowledge of windows based software, intraoperative video, computerized and monitoring equipment function and troubleshooting techniques.
- Experience with inpatient and outpatient nerve conduction velocities, strongly preferred, but can also be trained at MSK.
Hours: Vary between 7am-7pm, Monday-Friday
MSK is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer committed to diversity and inclusion in all aspects of recruiting and employment. All qualified individuals are encouraged to apply and will receive consideration without regard to race, color, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, age, religion, creed, disability, veteran status or any other factor which cannot lawfully be used as a basis for an employment decision.
Federal law requires employers to provide reasonable accommodation to qualified individuals with disabilities. Please tell us if you require a reasonable accommodation to apply for a job or to perform your job. Examples of reasonable accommodation include making a change to the application process or work procedures, providing documents in an alternate format, using a sign language interpreter, or using specialized equipment.