NYU Langone is one of the nation's premier academic medical centers that includes five hospitals (Tisch Hospital, Rusk Rehabilitation, Hospital for Joint Diseases, Hassenfeld Children's Hospital of New York, and NYU Lutheran Medical Center) and more than 200 ambulatory locations across the New York metropolitan area. It also includes NYU School of Medicine, which since 1841 has trained thousands of physicians and scientists who have helped to shape the course of medical history. Our trifold mission to serve, teach, and discover is achieved daily through an integrated academic culture devoted to excellence in patient care, education, and research. Learn more about NYU Langone.
We have an exciting opportunity to join our team as a Clinical Research Coordinator.
In this role, the successful candidate works as part of a team to initiate and manage research studies in the most optimal fashion. Ensure the accurate execution of research protocols in accordance with Good Clinical Practices, HIPPA and required obligations to patient/subject, Principal Investigator, research team and the sponsor. Directly interface with patients/subjects and the Principal Investigator in support of the clinical trials.
- Thorough knowledge of research study, study rationale, study subject, and clinical procedures associated with the study.
- Recruitment capabilities and the screening of potential patients/subjects for eligibility to the study. This may include gathering information from the medical record, physician referral, advertisement and directly scheduling a visit to evaluate the patient/subject.
- Assist with the informed consent process and ensure that the patient/subject fully understands what is required of them throughout the study.
- Review all the elements of the screening process with the Principal Investigator that being: inclusion/exclusion criteria, completed informed consent, documentation of the event and the patient/subject willingness to participate in the study.
- Collaborate with various personnel that may be involved in assisting with specific aspects in the study.
- Interact with patient/subject and families in a courteous and professional manner. Be consistent and regularly follow through with your patient/subjects reminding them of visits and compliance.
- Demonstrate knowledge of policies and procedures of the host institution where the study is being conducted and the regulatory requirements such as IRB and other approvals if necessary.
- Utilize available resources and established procedures to identify problems for quick resolution; Conduct study visits, obtain and document information within the time frame specified; Monitor any outward effects or issues regarding patient/subject safety and report this to the Principal Investigator, Physician and Clinical Nurse; Schedule, order( if appropriate) and follow up on all tests, labs, procedures, exam, and treatment; Write template-defined progress notes that reflect study procedures.
- Participate in weekly Feasibility Meetings by presenting Protocols from disease group; Aware of study regulatory statuses for Protocols; Responsible for developing in conjunction with the team recruitment strategies (i.e., analysis of annual numbers of new consults, seek out protocols for the available patient population); Maintain complete, accurate subject charts, case report forms, enrollment logs, and hospital records from patient screening through final follow-up.
Record, update, edit and maintain confidential information onto paperwork or web-based forms in a neat, accurate and timely manner and ensure subsequent data collection as required.
- Respond to requests in a timely manner, give/receive correct information, encourage required dialogue/follow-through; Secure accurate signatures and forward documents and/or forms to appropriate destination; Maintains files in an organized and up-to-date manner in order to facilitate their retrieval and maintains copies of all required on-going documentation and forms for the files.
- Collect, prepare, ship, and/or store biological materials using universal precautions; Environmental training is provided for the proper handling and collection of biological substances and the packaging and shipment of samples; mployee must also complete Standard Precautions and required IRB/HIPPA tutorial.
- May complete assessments on study subjects/patients per protocol (with proper training); continue to follow-through with items and patients as part of research study; May orient and train clerical staff regarding many aspects of carrying out the initial patient screening and subject recruitment protocol; scheduling of initial visits and other essential duties.
- May (if proper training has occurred) perform EKG and or take vital signs; May be required to travel to study initiation (that is, where sponsor teaches protocol to PI and CRC).
To qualify you must have a Bachelors degree plus three years related experience or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Clinical Research Coordinator (CRC) Certification is preferred or must be obtained within two years from date of hired
Excellent interpersonal, writing and verbal communication skills.
Must be able to work and make decisions independently.
Must be able to use PC for analysis and correspondence.
Qualified candidates must be able to effectively communicate with all levels of the organization.
NYU Langone provides its staff with far more than just a place to work. Rather, we are an institution you can be proud of, an institution where you'll feel good about devoting your time and your talents.
NYU Langone Medical Center is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer committed to diversity and inclusion in all aspects of recruiting and employment. All qualified individuals are encouraged to apply and will receive consideration without regard to race, color, gender, gender identity or expression, sex, sexual orientation, transgender status, gender dysphoria, national origin, age, religion, disability, military and veteran status, marital or parental status, citizenship status, genetic information or any other factor which cannot lawfully be used as a basis for an employment decision. We require applications to be completed online.
If you wish to view NYU Langone Medical Center's EEO policies, please click here. Please click here to view the Federal 'EEO is the law' poster or visit http://www1.eeoc.gov/employers/poster.cfm for more information.