Nursing Instructor (A full-time tenure track position to begin Fall 2017) - REPOSTED APRIL 2017
Math (Health Sciences)
Months per Year:
10 months (175 contract days between July 1 and June 30)
Work Days per Week:
To be determined by the District.
Work Schedule per Day:
To be determined by the District.
Work Shift for this Position (select all that apply):
Salary to be determined by the candidate's proper placement on the current Faculty Salary Schedule which is based on education and experience, and can be found at the Citrus College website.
To be determined.
The District provides a fully-paid, comprehensive program of fringe benefits including major medical, dental, and vision insurance for full-time employees and eligible dependents. Life insurance provided for the employee only.
A Complete Application Packet Includes:
Licenses and Certificates
ABOUT CITRUS COLLEGE:
Celebrating over 100 years of service, Citrus College is located in Glendora in the foothills of the San Gabriel Mountains, approximately twenty-five miles northeast of metropolitan Los Angeles. The college has the distinction of being the oldest community college in Los Angeles County and the fifth oldest in the state. Citrus College was founded in 1915 under the leadership of Dr. Floyd S. Hayden, who helped bring the community college movement to California. From 1915 to 1961, the college was operated by the Citrus Union High School District. In July 1961, the Citrus Community College District was created to include the Azusa and Glendora unified school districts. In 1967, the district expanded to include the Claremont, Duarte and Monrovia school districts.
Today, Citrus College occupies a 104-acre campus. The college is currently experiencing a major facilities expansion project that will change the look of the campus. The college enrolled 27 students in 1915 and currently the college serves more than 11,000 students. Classes are offered on a 16-week calendar (fall and spring semesters), as well as in a variety of non-traditional scheduling options -- six-week winter intersession, evenings, late start and early end, summer sessions, and optional class formats, such as distance education online courses and distance education integrated classes.
Citrus College provides innovative educational opportunities and student support services that lead to the successful completion of degrees, transfer, career/technical education and basic skills proficiency. The college fosters personal and professional success through the development of critical thinking, effective communication, creativity, and cultural awareness in a safe, accessible and affordable learning community. In meeting the needs of our demographically diverse student population, we embrace equity and accountability through measurable learning outcomes, ethical data-driven decisions and student achievement.
Citrus College is accredited by Accrediting Commission for Community and Junior Colleges, Western Association of Schools and Colleges (WASC). Its many professional memberships include the American Association of Community Colleges (AACC) and the Community College League of California (CCLC).
ABOUT THE HEALTH SCIENCES AREA:
Health Sciences at Citrus College is recruiting to fill an ADN nursing instructor position. The registered nursing program maximizes the department's ability to offer a complete career ladder in nursing. This educational opportunity will develop the social, technical and professional skills required of a licensed professional nurse. The Health Sciences Department offers programs that include entry-level career certification in several areas, and preparation for state licensure for both the vocational and registered nurse.
The Citrus College Associate Degree Registered Nursing (ADN) Program has approval from the Board of Registered Nursing (BRN).
This tenure-track medical-surgical nursing instructor position is a 10-month (175 days) assignment, which includes a variety of courses, and will require the selected candidate to teach across programs. The assignment and schedule, as determined by the District, may consist of day, evening, and weekend hours.
This position contingent upon funding and final Board approval.
Salary to be determined by the candidate's proper placement on the current Faculty Salary Schedule which is based on education and experience, and can be found at the Citrus College website. Maximum step placement on the Faculty Salary Schedule for newly hired instructors is Step 6.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Maintain professional and ethical academic standards.
- Provide class and clinical instruction in accordance with established course outlines and the respective board regulations.
- Inform students concerning course requirements, evaluation procedures and attendance requirements.
- Maintain necessary attendance, scholastic, and student records and submit them in accordance with published deadlines.
- Prepare and grade class assignments and examinations according to curriculum standards set by the District and the Board of Registered Nursing.
- Involve technology in the learning process when appropriate.
- Teach students with diverse backgrounds.
- Participate actively in staff development and professional growth programs.
- Participate in recruitment activities.
- Meet obligation with regard to grade reporting, scheduled classes, required office hours, and other directions provided by the Director of Health Sciences.
- Active involvement in all aspects of program design, implementation, and evaluation.
- Perform other professional duties as assigned.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Ability to communicate effectively, in English, with a diverse population both orally and in writing.
- Ability to work effectively as a member of the instructional team.
- Willingness to participate in the distance education program.
- Willingness to develop and assess student learning outcomes.
- Evidence of computer literacy and experience with standard computer software on Microsoft Windows platform (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Blackboard or similar).
- Willingness to use and promote technology-mediated instructional techniques.
- Possess excellent organization skills.
- Possess teaching and clinical experience in medical-surgical nursing.
- Demonstrated understanding of, sensitivity to, and respect for the diverse academic, socioeconomic, ethnic, religious, cultural background, disability, and sexual orientation of community college students, faculty, and staff;
- Possession of a master's degree in nursing OR
- Possession of a bachelor's degree in nursing AND a master's degree in health education or health science including graduate level course work in nursing, education or administration;
- Direct patient care experience in medical-surgical nursing area within the previous five (5) years in the nursing area to which he or she is assigned, which can be met by: 1) one (1) year of continuous, full-time or its equivalent experience providing direct patient care as a registered nurse in the designated nursing area; or 2) One (1) academic year of registered nurse level clinical teaching experience in the designated nursing area of its equivalent that demonstrates clinical competency;
- Completion of at least one (1) year (two (2) semesters/three (3) quarters) of experience teaching medical-surgical nursing courses/clinical rotations related to registered nursing or completion of a post-baccalaureate course which includes practice in teaching registered nursing;
- Possession of a valid, active license issued by the California Board of Registered Nursing.
EQUIVALENCY: If you will be requesting equivalency for this position, please complete the Faculty Equivalency Guidelines and Request Form, which may be found by visiting the Citrus College website (www.citruscollege.edu) and clicking the A-Z index for the Employment Opportunities (faculty and staff) link. If you have any questions, please feel free to contact our office at (626) 914-8550.
- One (1) year of direct patient care experience in a long-term care facility.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
Please see Minimum and Preferred Qualifications.
LICENSES AND CERTIFICATES (Required):
- Current California RN License (required)
- To meet the criteria of a clinical instructor one of the following certifications is needed prior to start date: BCLS/BLS (CPR for the healthcare provider).
Scan and upload under "Licenses and Certificates. Please be sure to scan all licenses and certificates together, resize your file to 72 dpi, and make sure the file is less than 2 MB.
Letters of Recommendation (Optional)
If you are providing letters of recommendation, please scan and upload them under "Other Documents". Please be sure to scan all letters of recommendation together, resize your file to 72 dpi, and make sure the file is less than 2MB.
Special Instructions to Applicants:
"THE DISTRICT IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER."
It is the policy of the District not to discriminate against and to encourage a diversity of applicants based on national origin, religion, age, sex or gender, race, color, medical condition, ancestry, sexual orientation, marital status, physical or mental disability, use of family and medical care leave, genetic information, military or veteran status, gender identity, gender expression, or because he or she is perceived to have one or more of the foregoing characteristics, or based on association with a person or group with one of more of these actual or perceived characteristics.
SPECIAL INSTRUCTIONS TO APPLICANTS:
Applications are considered legal documents, and as such, all areas of the application must be completed or your application packet will be considered incomplete, and will not be moved forward. While it may be appropriate in some areas of your application to use "NA" (not applicable), do not use terms such as "see resume" or "see attached". When listing your work experience, please specify the beginning and end dates for each job you held and describe your experience.
Applicants are responsible for ensuring that all required documents, and those additional documents you choose to include, are attached BEFORE clicking the "Finished Attaching Documents" button and confirming. It is advisable to attach "Optional" documents first, and then "Required" documents once you are ready to click on the "Finished Attaching Documents" button and confirming.
Application -AND- Supplemental Questionnaire must be complete. A resume will not substitute for a fully completed employment application and supplemental questionnaire. Incomplete applications will be rejected. When listing your work experience, please specify the beginning and end dates for each job you held and describe your experience.
Additional documents CANNOT be added to your electronic application packet once you click on "Finished Attaching Documents" and receive your confirmation number; so, please be sure you have all documents you will upload handy and in an electronic format. THE APPLICANT TRACKING SYSTEM WILL NOT ACCEPT DOCUMENTS LARGER THAN 2MB. IF YOUR DOCUMENTS DO NOT UPLOAD, PLEASE RESIZE. If you do not have all your documents handy at the time you are applying for the position, we advise you to click on "Finish Attaching Documents Later". Be sure, however, to finish attaching your documents BEFORE the close or first consideration date for the position. Please remember, you will NOT be able to attach additional documents after you have selected "Finished Attaching Documents" and have received a confirmation number, and you will not be able to apply for a position after the position has closed.
Please note: should an applicant apply for a position more than once, only the most recently received application packet will be the one screened for completeness. All others will be deemed inactive, and will not be considered, regardless of completeness.
We regret we are unable to accept faxed, emailed, mailed, or hand delivered application materials outside the online Applicant Tracking System (ATS). Only application materials submitted through this electronic format will be accepted. Exception: The Citrus College Form 101 must be mailed or hand delivered to the Director of Human Resources in a sealed, confidential envelope.
Reasonable accommodations will be provided to candidates with verified disabilities. Accommodation requests should be made at the time the interview appointment is scheduled.
Acceptance of this position includes complying with the provisions of an Agency Shop. Every full-time faculty member is a dues-paying member of the Citrus College Faculty Association, currently affiliated with the California Teachers Association/National Education Association.
--Candidates must upload copies of all transcripts (need not be official at the time of application) which prove sufficient for verifying minimum qualifications for this position.
--Official transcripts will be required at the time of the job offer.
--Transcripts must be from the awarding institution, and must show that the degree has been awarded (or conferred) and the year.
--Degree(s) must be earned (or conferred) from accredited institution(s) or an equivalent foreign institution by the first consideration date for this position.
--All degrees must be verifiable on a legible transcript by the indicated first consideration date for this position.
--Foreign transcripts must be transcribed in English AND evaluated for U.S. equivalency by a bona fide U.S. evaluation service.
--A selection committee will review application packages of those candidates who have met the minimum qualifications for this position, and will select a limited number of qualified candidates for an interview.
--Each candidate may be asked to make a presentation on a topic of the selection committee's choice. The candidate will be informed of the topic when an interview appointment is scheduled.
--Each candidate may be asked to provide a sample of his or her writing ability just prior to the interview.
--Travel costs must be borne by the applicant.
--Final candidates for faculty, management, and supervisor/confidential positions may be interviewed by the Superintendent/President.
--If selected as a finalist, the candidate permits the District to contact the current and former employer(s) to investigate past employment history.
CLICK HERE TO APPLY NOW
Copyright 2015 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency