Brentwood School inspires every student to:
Think critically and creatively.
Shape a future with meaning.
IT Support Technician
Brentwood School, a vibrant and diverse K-12 independent school, is seeking an experienced IT Support Technician. The IT Support Technician is a member of the Brentwood School Technology Department and reports to the Directors of Information Technology. The IT Support Technician works with a variety of people to support technology use and is responsible for dealing with a broad range of equipment, diagnosis, troubleshooting and repair of equipment and applications. Brentwood School technology includes computers, printers, tablets, a variety of audio and visual equipment, telecommunications and networking equipment, and other devices and applications. As a member of the technology department in an educational environment, the IT Support Technician should be a self-directed and highly motivated learner who is aware of technology trends and best practices in the industry.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Diagnose, troubleshoot and repair hardware, devices, peripherals, software, and web applications, as well as set-up, configure and test equipment, software, and web applications
- Perform preventative maintenance on variety of equipment including but not limited to computer hardware, printers, peripherals, visual equipment, and other devices
- Maintain an up-to-date knowledge of repair practices, policies, and technical specifications of computer hardware, software, web applications, devices, peripherals, and visual equipment
- Complete internal documentation related to service (i.e. how to fix a problem), warranty tracking, inventory maintenance, and repair history
- Contact users as needed to discuss specific symptoms of equipment failure, nature of repairs required, and possible solutions to equipment problems
- Contact vendors for technical support and parts procurement both electronically and by telephone.
- Answer Technology Help Desk calls, create and revise Help Desk tickets
- Support faculty, staff, and students in their use of technology in the classroom and other facilities on both campuses
- Support technology integration with faculty and students in LS classes and computer lab
- Windows and Mac management using appropriate software
- Assist and support various campus wide events that include Audio and Visual requirements
- Other duties as assigned
- Five years relevant experience in a related field with direct experience in the diagnosis, troubleshooting and repair of Windows and Macintosh systems (Chrome OS - chromebooks)
- Desired qualifications: Apple certified technician, A+ IT Professional preferred
- Audio/Visual support experience desired
- Understanding of basic network troubleshooting skills
- A Bachelor's degree or an equivalent combination of experience and certificates required
- Experience working with elementary age students
- Experience working with educators a plus
Skills and abilities:
- Ability to multi-task and work accurately under deadline pressure
- Ability to work in a Classroom environment with students in K-6th.
- Energy, patience, and a sense of humor necessary to work effectively with a variety of constituents
- Professional attire and conduct
- Strong Customer support for a variety of constituents
- Highly organized with a detail-oriented approach to work
- A demonstrated commitment to teamwork and collaboration
- Interpersonal communication skills with a good command of the English language, both written and spoken
- Ability to support users in a variety of ways (Remote, Telephone, etc.)
- Ability to work flexible hours and days
- Motivated to learn about new technologies and share knowledge with team members.
- Ability to occasionally lift up to 30 lbs
- An interest in and openness to professional growth and development
- A demonstrated commitment to diversity and inclusion
Brentwood School is dedicated to the creation of a diverse faculty and staff that better represents our student body and the city of Los Angeles. Information about our school can be found at www.bwscampus.com. Please submit a letter of interest and a resume to:
Nick Thompson and Johnny Velasquez
100 S. Barrington Place
Los Angeles, CA 90049