At The Enrollment Management Association (now entering our 60th year outside of Princeton, NJ), we believe that “admission practices of the past will not sustain independent schools of the future.” Therefore we serve well over 1,000 members, with the best “science, research, and training” to increase their enrollment success. Our member schools use the association’s research and data to support their assessment of prospective students and to hone their enrollment strategies. Increasingly our schools are also working closely with the association to build leadership skills and knowledge around the tools of enrollment management. Prospective independent school students/families (85,000 annually) work with our association to receive admission testing and to use our common application. Learn more about our association at www.enrollment.org and https://ssat.org.
The Chief Member Relations Officer, as a member of the association’s leadership team, works collaboratively with the Chief Executive Officer/Executive Director, Chief Financial Officer, Chief Testing and Research Officer, Chief Product & Technology Officer, Senior Director of Human Resources, and Executive Assistant to chart the direction of the organization and to ensure its effective operation and financial sustainability. The CMRO manages the following team: Outreach & Business Development; Marketing & Communications; Membership; and Leadership Programs. The CMRO acts as co-liaison to the association’s board committee on Member Services, charged with monitoring member satisfaction, engagement and growth.
The Chief Member Relations Officer is responsible for the creation, oversight, sales, marketing, and leadership of The Enrollment Management Association’s external programs as well as its membership promise. The CMRO will be responsible for planning, developing, and implementing The Association’s marketing and communications, member recruitment and retention, outreach and sales activities (including assessment sales), leadership training programs, and related strategic initiatives. The CMRO maintains awareness of the changing needs and emerging opportunities in the independent school community (domestic and international) and translates that knowledge into the development of value-added research, education, and support for key stakeholders served by the association.
- Oversee the development and implementation of marketing and communication strategies to build successful organizational brand which broadens the impact of the Association.
- Develop product positioning, packaging, and pricing strategy to ensure long-term market success.
- Together with 4-person outreach team, create in-depth sales plan to ensure annual growth of all products and services (including new ones.)
- Prepare quarterly report for leadership team and board of directors on product and services sales (connected to annual strategic organizational goals); identify opportunities for new market development and client base expansion.
- Analyze sales performance against program budget and determine effectiveness; recommend service enhancements and/or new marketing strategies for all products including underperforming ones.
- Together with Product Development team, establish annual research goals to better understand stakeholder needs/additional services which the Association might provide.
- Oversee and evaluate market research for the industry and for the Association; adjust marketing strategy to meet changing market and competitive conditions.
- Monitor competitor products, sales and marketing activities and offer recommendations to ensure Association’s ongoing market success.
- Collaborate with team on strategic marketing plan which ensures that all product, services and membership sales and forecasts are achieved.
- Ensure the delivery of high-quality member relations and service support to all of the Association’s stakeholders.
- Oversee development and delivery of high-quality leadership programming for independent school enrollment managers/leaders; provide expertise on best practices relative to Enrollment Management.
- Oversee research, develop and publish relevant content that positions The Association as an industry thought leader.
- Collaborate with other national and regional independent school associations, and develop strategic partnerships to advance The Association’s strategic goals.
- Develop plan to centralize enrollment and market data for easy access by our member school leaders.
- Oversee key association finances and ensure effective management of MRT budgets; collaborate on long term financial forecasts and ROI analysis.
- Manage annual performance evaluation system for departmental staff; act as coach and mentor to team directors, providing counsel and critical feedback.
- Act as an engaged, collaborative member of the Association’s leadership team, modeling the highest levels of professionalism and respect for peer leaders.
- Ensure all association activities operate consistently and ethically within the mission and core values of The Enrollment Management Association.