RESUME REQUIRED (for both internal & external applicants):
You must attach a complete and accurate resume to be fully considered for this position.
The Transportation Associate Supervisor provides Supervisory support to Transit Operations to provide safe, reliable bus service to the U-M community. In this role the Associate Supervisor will interact with Transit Coach Operators, riders, and the Transportation Operations team. The ability to make sound quick decisions in a dynamic environment to provide consistent service is critical. Under general supervision, operates communication systems utilizing radio, telephone and computer equipment to provide assistance to Bus Operators and the public; provides information to the public; dispatches personnel and equipment in response to service requests and to organize and coordinate the activities of field units; maintains records of activities in response to service requests; leads, instructs and directs in areas of safe driving practices, customer service, schedule maintenance and compliance with Division rules and policies; and performs other related work as required.
- Assign, and coordinate the work of bus operators responsible for providing mass transit services within the Transit Department.
- Prepare, schedule and assign daily work duties and routes; prepare runsheets, rosters, status reports, surveys and call lists for daily operations.
- Operate a two-way radio in support of dispatching duties; ensure routes are serviced in a timely fashion and on schedule; assist bus operators during breakdowns including securing replacement equipment and staff; coordinate major equipment and vehicle repairs with Fleet Maintenance staff.
- Monitor and maintain various reports, data sets and other vital information. These may include: employee time sheets, vehicle allocation, employee information, etc.
- Act as receptionist; answer and screen telephone calls; provide information to the general public; respond to sensitive inquiries and complaints.
- Provide staff support to the Transit Department.
- May respond to emergency situations when necessary.
- May be required to work special events or other non-typical events.
- May perform a variety of clerical duties.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- High School diploma or equivalent.
- Some experience in Transportation or familiarity with transit operations and/or concepts.
- Willingness to work as part of a team and provide leadership in the areas of operations, safety, and customer service.
- Must be able to communicate effectively, handle details, meet deadlines, and work independently, as well as under general direction.
- Must be able to multi-task and prioritize tasks accordingly. Must be able to handle fast-paced, stressful situations and respond effectively, quickly, calmly and rationally during conflicts and other urgent situations.
- Strong desire to work with people from diverse cultures and backgrounds.
- Must possess, or be able to acquire within 90-days, a valid Commercial Driver License, Group B with Passenger endorsement, without any air brake restriction from the State of Michigan.
- Familiarity with Microsoft Office products such as Word, Excel, and Access, as well as a variety of Google products including Mail, Calendar, and Maps.
- Cooperative, willing to work with, and learn from others, and able to react productively to change.
- Knowledge of or ability to learn and comply with University policies and procedures.
- Able to perform essential functions and duties and to perform other tasks as assigned.
- Demonstrated experience in a basic supervisory capacity or demonstrated coursework in leadership and supervision .
- Three or more years of Transit or Transportation Operations.
- Excellent conflict resolution skills.
- Excellent customer service skills
- Demonstrated competency with Microsoft Office products such as Word, Excel, and Access, as well as a variety of Google products including Mail, Calendar, and Maps.
- Demonstrated experience in a basic supervisory capacity or demonstrated coursework in leadership and supervision.
- Experience supervising in a union environment or demonstrated coursework in this area of expertise.
- Ability to manage simple projects and meet deadlines.
- Excellent customer service skills.
Driver license number must be included in application to be considered.
40hrs/wk; Schedule TBD.
Job openings are posted for a minimum of seven calendar days. This job may be removed from posting boards and filled anytime after the minimum posting period has ended.
The University of Michigan is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer.