Guest Services Agent
Posting Number: 20171323S
Position Type: Staff
Recruitment Type: Internal/External Applicants
Work Schedule: FT/12 Month
Department: 507-Inn at Villanova University
Become a part of the team at the newly renovated, re-branded, 4-diamond style Inn at Villanova University!
The Guest Services Agent is responsible for providing a welcoming atmosphere and ensuring guest and public contact at the Front Desk runs smoothly and efficiently and in accordance with The Inn and always at a 4-Diamond style level.
Villanova is a Catholic university sponsored by the Augustinian order. Diversity and inclusion have been and will continue to be an integral component of Villanova University's mission. The University is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and seeks candidates who understand, respect and can contribute to the University's mission and values.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Welcome, register, orient and supervise guests, and provide group orientations in a friendly and positive manner.
- Take individual and group reservations by telephone, e-mail, and an online system in an accurate and efficient manner.
- Check guest in and out, and assist with any issues or arrangements that guests may need help with.
- Maintain security and safety of The Inn, Inn property, guests, guests property, and fellow team members.
- Accurately maintain all shift reports, logs, and necessary daily paperwork, including a record of overnight fees and sale of goods.
- Always represent and promote The Inn in a positive manner to guests, callers, and local officials.
- Provide overnight, on-call assistance in case of emergencies.
- Ability to focus attention on guest needs, remaining calm and courteous at all times.
- Perform other duties and assist with projects as assigned.
- High school diploma or GED preferred.
- Customer service experience required, preferably in a hospitality/hotel environment.
- 2-4 years in a hospitality environment.
- Must enjoy working with the public and be able to professionally handle any conflicts, guest issues, or emergencies that may arise.
- Experience handling cash and recording sales transactions required.
- Excellent oral communication and organizational skills.
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively without immediate supervision.
- Ability to multi-task efficiently.
- Must be willing to work evenings, weekends, and holidays as schedule requires.
- Computer literacy and familiarity with WIN, MS Word, Excel, PMS, POS and Outlook preferred.
- First Aid and CPR certification preferred; training can be provided.
Physical Requirements and/or Unusual Work Hours
- Physical requirements include the ability to work long hours, Ability to stand for long periods of time without sitting or leaning.
Special Message to Applicants
Posting Date: 04/07/2017
Closing Date (12am ET):
Open Until Filled:
Salary Posting Information: Commensurate with experience
Salary Band: E
Job Classification: Non-Exempt
To apply, visit: https://jobs.villanova.edu/postings/10991
Villanova is a Catholic university sponsored by the Augustinian order. Diversity and inclusion have been and will continue to be an integral component of Villanova University's mission. The University is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and seeks candidates who understand, respect and can contribute to the University's mission and values. Villanova University is committed to providing leadership in the attainment of equal employment for all individuals. It is the policy and practice of Villanova University to recruit and select applicants on the basis of their qualifications and abilities. This effort is in compliance with all federal and state laws, including Title VI and VII of the Civil Rights Act of 1964, Title IX of the Educational Amendments of 1972, Section 504 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1975, Executive Order 11246, and the Americans with Disabilities Act.
Copyright 2015 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency