Director, Simulation and Learning Resource Center
Posting Number: 20171318S
Position Type: Staff
Recruitment Type: Internal/External Applicants
Work Schedule: FT/12 Month
The Simulation and Learning Resource Center (SLRC) is a state of the art nursing simulation and practice lab with varied technological resources. The Director of the SLRC is a key member of the College's management team and is responsible for leading and directing all aspects of the operations and supporting curriculum development related to simulation and practice learning. The Director has key oversight and primary responsibility for the lab planning, development and evaluation, and management of lab budgets, equipment and support staff. The Director participates in and supports lab instruction.
Villanova is a Catholic university sponsored by the Augustinian order. Diversity and inclusion have been and will continue to be an integral component of Villanova University's mission. The University is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and seeks candidates who understand, respect and can contribute to the University's mission and values.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Collaborates with College of Nursing faculty to develop, implement, evaluate, support, and revise simulation/ laboratory scenarios and activities. Participates in faculty research initiatives and assists with grant submissions, implementation and evaluation related to simulation (including writing for publication and speaking engagements). S/he participates in evaluation and follow-up activities to assess simulation experiences. Supervises and participates in the training of faculty regarding facilitation and debriefing of simulation/scenarios and use of related equipment and technology. Through graduate students and peer mentors, provides instructional and clinical lab support for students.
- Oversees the development and maintenance of the lab calendar and schedules activities for each days lab schedule including coordination of standardized patients within simulation endeavors. Schedules SLRC staff, graduate scholars, work study students and student and professional standardized patients. Coordinates with other departments, vendors, external visitors, graduate students, and others who wish to plan a lab visit/ observation or other experience. Coordinates resources for rooms, mannequins, and other supplies to avoid overlap among courses. Coordinates with faculty to acquire software resources to support curricula. Works closely with University and College IT staff to ensure audiovisuals used for class/lab experiences are placed in the learning management system each semester.
- Works closely with the Director of Finance and Administration in managing the lab operating budget, and oversees vendor relationships related to purchasing and implementation of all lab related technological and academic support resources, task trainers, hardware, software (including audio visual recording and viewing software) and consumable supplies . Oversees billing and resource management for NCLEX preparation company. Coordinates with program directors and college technical staff to manage NCLEX preparation process and resources. Coordinates maintenance and repair of equipment.
- Participates in hiring, training, evaluation, and scheduling of standardized patient (SP) and Work/Study students. Develops appropriate scripts and feedback resources for SPs. Works with SLRC staff to delegate responsibilities to various employees.
- Participates on relevant and various committees of the faculty (e.g. curriculum, course leader). Participates in Program Evaluation process for the College. Prepares annual report for Dean.
- Supervises daily lab operations. Develops plans/procedures with faculty and lab staff to assure that lab equipment is set up according to the needs of the experience. Establishes lab equipment lists for accuracy of set up of supplies and materials. Works with faculty, and SLRC staff to assure scenario set ups are completed for lab and simulation activities.
- Participates in simulation related professional and continuing education activities. Maintains membership in INACSL (International Nursing Association for Clinical Simulation and Learning); SSH (Society for Simulation in Healthcare); and the Tristate LRC Consortium.
- Performs additional duties and assists with special projects as assigned.
- RN with a Masters Degree in Nursing.
- Minimum of 5 years experience in nursing and/ or nursing education. Nursing education, simulation and management experience required.
- Knowledge of nursing medical equipment and the use of mannequin and audiovisual software. Knowledge of specific mannequin operations including high fidelity mannequins. Knowledge of Microsoft Office applications.
- Well developed computer skills; knowledge of nursing, nursing education, simulation, audiovisual and other nursing curricular related resources.
- Candidate selected must have excellent written and verbal communication skills and strong attention to details. Candidates must convey a highly professional demeanor and be a team player. S/he must have the ability to handle a fast-paced environment and manage multiple projects/tasks with varied deadlines and frequent interruptions. Must be able to work independently and be a strong problem solver with strong organizational and interpersonal skills. Ability to coordinate efforts with faculty and Lab staff. Desire to learn and grow with technological resource enhancements.
Physical Requirements and/or Unusual Work Hours
- Assists with lifting/ moving full body sized mannequins in excess of 25lbs, medical equipment, beds, tables, carts, audiovisual equipment. Requires manual dexterity to manipulate equipment and standing for periods of time.
Special Message to Applicants
The expected start date for this position is December 2017.
Posting Date: 04/06/2017
Closing Date (12am ET):
Open Until Filled:
Salary Posting Information: Commensurate with experience
Salary Band: J
Job Classification: Exempt
To apply, visit: https://jobs.villanova.edu/postings/10980
Villanova is a Catholic university sponsored by the Augustinian order. Diversity and inclusion have been and will continue to be an integral component of Villanova University's mission. The University is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and seeks candidates who understand, respect and can contribute to the University's mission and values. Villanova University is committed to providing leadership in the attainment of equal employment for all individuals. It is the policy and practice of Villanova University to recruit and select applicants on the basis of their qualifications and abilities. This effort is in compliance with all federal and state laws, including Title VI and VII of the Civil Rights Act of 1964, Title IX of the Educational Amendments of 1972, Section 504 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1975, Executive Order 11246, and the Americans with Disabilities Act.
Copyright 2015 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency