| EOE Statement:|
Washington University is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, genetic information, disability, or protected veteran status.
This position is eligible for full-time benefits.� Washington University offers a variety of benefits:
-Retirement Savings Plan
- 22 vacation days
-8 Paid Holidays
-Tuition benefits for employee, spouse and dependent children
-Free Metro Link/ Bus pass
-Free Life Insurance
-Health, Dental, Vision
-Health Savings Accounts (HSA)
-Long Term Care Insurance
-Long Term Disability Insurance
Please visit our website at http://hr.wustl.edu to view a summary of benefits.
Position is responsible for providing clinical office support which includes greeting and registering patients, scheduling appointments, verifying insurance benefits and referrals and collecting co-payments.
PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Greets patients, assisting with form completion. Verifies accuracy of patient’s insurance and demographic information. Provides HIPAA forms, arbitration forms, and consent to treat forms.
- Collects co-pays for services. Verifies and balances receipts and payments.
- Reviews schedule for new patients, updating when necessary.
- Calls patients with appointment time reminder, obtaining insurance information and referral forms.
- Prepares, distributes and collects fee tickets. Reviews fee tickets for completeness. Reconciles fee tickets with daily schedule.
- Schedules return patient appointments and patient testing. Validates patient’s parking.
- May prepare patient’s charts for daily appointments.
- Assists patients with insurance questions regarding billing process.
- Assists staff with sending out reminder cards and other related scheduling duties.
Department Name/Job Location:
This position is in the Ophthalmology Clinical Practice.� This position is for the Medical School Campus.
Internal Applicant Instruction:
This position is grade C06.
Please attach a copy of your most current signed performance evaluation (completed within the last 18 months) to your online account.� If you have not received a performance evaluation, you may provide two current signed letters of recommendation (written within the last 18 months), preferably to include one letter from either a current or recent former supervisor.�� To attach these documents, go to:� My Career Tools, Add Attachment, Attachment Type � Performance Reviews or Letters of Recommendation.
This position is full-time and works approximately 40 hours per week.
Offers made for this position are contingent upon the successful completion of all required pre-employment screens, including a criminal background check, hair sample drug screen, and verification of required professional licenses, registrations, or certifications.
High School diploma with 2 years of experience in a medical office setting or related customer service/office experience.
The hiring range for this position is $14.95 to $18.31 per hour.