Plan, install, manage, maintain, and support the desktop computing environment (Linux, Microsoft Windows and Mac OS) for the faculty, staff, visiting scholars, and graduate students of the Division of Applied Mathematics. Support mathematical and scientific resources by providing installation of software packages, including compilers, visualization, statistical, mathematical, and productivity software.
- Bachelorâ??s degree in Computer Science or equivalent experience.
- 3 years of IT related experience including system and network management
- Knowledge of network protocols, NIS, and DNS.
- Knowledge of Samba, Gmail, Filemaker, IBM Tivoli backup and restore software, Infoblox Grid Manager, and WEB management.
- Experience with Linux administration (primarily CentOS with some Fedora), scripting, installation and configuration.
- Experience with Windows Active Directory and desktop management.
- Microsoft certification desirable.
- Familiarity with Mac OS.
- Experience with software package and printer installations in Windows, Linux, and Mac.
- Hands on experience with peripheral technological devices (printers and multi-media) desirable
- Active communicator with top-notch project management skills to serve all end-users effectively.
- Ability to multi-task and prioritize.
- Supervisory experience a plus.
- Ability to carry 50 pounds.
- Will interact with CIS (repair, security, desktop support, training and network) and the Brown Bookstore Technology Center.
Background-Criminal and Educational verification
Recruiting Start Date:2017-04-04-07:00
Job Posting Title:Systems Manager
Department:Division of Applied Mathematics
Time Type:Full time
Scheduled Weekly Hours:37.5
Please note that in order to be considered an applicant for any staff position at Brown University you must submit an application form for each position for which you believe you are qualified. Applications are not kept on file for future positions. Please include a cover letter and resume with each position application.
Still Have Questions?
If you have any questions you may contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Brown University is an E-Verify Employer.
Brown University is committed to fostering a diverse and inclusive academic global community; as an EEO/AA employer, Brown considers applicants for employment without regard to, and does not discriminate on the basis of, gender, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, race, protected veteran status, disability, or any other legally protected status.