The Brown University Division of Advancement seeks qualified applicants for the position of Prospect Development Associate.
The Prospect Development Associate provides administrative, organizational, process database management and research support to the Office of Prospect Development within the Division of Advancement. Key responsibilities include maintaining the prospect management and research elements of the Advancement Divisionâ??s donor database by managing a high volume of data entry, updating and auditing procedures, conducting basic biographical prospect research and drafting documents for sr. research analysts, receiving and assigning project requests in the Research queue, maintaining library and online resource management systems, and providing administrative support to the department.
The Prospect Development Associate works with a diverse array of individuals and departments to facilitate the flow of information and produce various reports and end-user work products. She/he also manages administrative functions, including budget reconciliation, purchasing, travel arrangements, creating and maintaining filing and resource management systems, and general office and ad hoc support for department director, associate directors, and six senior research analysts.
- Bachelorâ??s degree preferred; or equivalent combination of education coupled with relevant years of work experience considered.
- Two or more years of office experience; previous experience with databases and data management and in library reference work and/or customer relations required. Group administrative support experience for multiple team members with commitment to professionalism, accuracy and customer relations strongly desired. Preference given to candidates with development, fundraising, higher education or nonprofit experience.
- Proven library, research and analytical techniques, emphasizing the ability to gather, evaluate and synthesize data from various sources and present information in a clear and cohesive manner. Must demonstrate ability to condense and clarify information in written form.
- Knowledge of accounting practices and budget management experience helpful.
- Fluency in computer technologies, including high level of proficiency and understanding with databases, email programs, experience with Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Access) required, experience with basic research skills such as building Internet and web queries, managing push technologies, and using electronic subscription services strongly desired.
- Good knowledge of office procedures and general office technologies (phone systems, printers, copy and fax machines, etc.)
- Ability to work independently, yet in a collaborative team environment, exhibiting self-reliance, dependability, trustworthiness, good listening skills, responsiveness and reciprocity that contribute to the overall success of the department and division.
- High degree of professionalism ethical sensitivity and discretion; ability to maintain a commitment to confidentiality.
- Excellent organization and time management skills with demonstrated ability to manage multiple projects and priorities (multi-tasking), solve problems, and meet challenging and changing deadlines.
- Strong attention to detail a necessity.
- Excellent written and oral communications skills.
All offers of employment are contingent upon a criminal background check and education verification satisfactory to Brown.
Applicants are asked to provide a cover letter and resume with their applications.
Recruiting Start Date:2017-04-06-07:00
Job Posting Title:Prospect Development Associate
Time Type:Full time
Scheduled Weekly Hours:37.5
Please note that in order to be considered an applicant for any staff position at Brown University you must submit an application form for each position for which you believe you are qualified. Applications are not kept on file for future positions. Please include a cover letter and resume with each position application.
Still Have Questions?
If you have any questions you may contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Brown University is an E-Verify Employer.
Brown University is committed to fostering a diverse and inclusive academic global community; as an EEO/AA employer, Brown considers applicants for employment without regard to, and does not discriminate on the basis of, gender, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, race, protected veteran status, disability, or any other legally protected status.