NYU Langone is one of the nation's premier academic medical centers that includes five hospitals (Tisch Hospital, Rusk Rehabilitation, Hospital for Joint Diseases, Hassenfeld Children's Hospital of New York, and NYU Lutheran Medical Center) and more than 200 ambulatory locations across the New York metropolitan area. It also includes NYU School of Medicine, which since 1841 has trained thousands of physicians and scientists who have helped to shape the course of medical history. Our trifold mission to serve, teach, and discover is achieved daily through an integrated academic culture devoted to excellence in patient care, education, and research. Learn more about NYU Langone.
We have an exciting opportunity to join our team as an Administrative Coordinator.
This positions is responsible for coordinating the administrative activities and responsibilities for the Managed Care Department; part of this includes providing administrative coordination and support to the Senior Vice President, Vice Presidents, Directors, and Assistant Directors of the Managed Care Department. This position performs both administrative and coordination duties that require considerable experience, skill, discretion, independent critical thinking, and knowledge of complex organization policies and practices.
- Provides administrative coordination and support to the Senior Vice President, Vice Presidents, Directors and Assistant Directors of Managed Care, including but not limited to: Full management of calendars. Schedule senior level meetings as well as coordinating calendars and schedules for staff and UPN. Maintains open and clear communication with Leadership regarding priorities, responsibilities, and considerations.
- Supports Directors and Assistant Directors, including the UPN staff, in a similar, but prioritized fashion to the responsibilities outlined.
- Maintains confidentiality and good judgment in dealing with highly confidential information and materials.
- Exercises discretion and independent judgment in comparing and evaluating options and approaches to various activities, including possible courses of conduct, and acting or making a decision after the various possibilities have been considered.
- Gathers, enters and/or updates data to maintain Departmental records and databases as appropriate; establishes and maintains files and records.
- Maintenance of directories and emergency contact lists to ensure efficient and accurate communications for the fast-paced work of the team as well as emergency management.
- Management the supply inventory to ensure the needs of the Department are met.
- Ensures that departmental equipment is adequately maintained, service calls are placed and supplies for machines are stocked.
- Management of the process for the MyTime Timecard system, including coordinating the Departments time-off submissions.
- Coordination and support for Department meetings, bi-weekly and monthly.
- Manage meeting rooms for the UPN on a weekly, monthly and yearly basis.
- Management and coordination of Departments IT needs such as the ordering of computers, phones and laptops.
- Uses discretion regarding interrupting meetings based on knowledge of prioritization with the SVP as needed.
- Prepares and processes travel & expense reports/check requests/petty cash forms. Process POs as well as Managed Requisitions.
- Prepare invoices for payment.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Must have a Bachelors degree with a minimum of 5-7 years of experience or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Ability to be trusted with highly confidential information and materials.
- Comfort, poise, and professionalism in interacting with other departments as well as high-profile members of NYU Langones leadership.
- Ability to multi-task and/or coordinate multiple assignments.
- Ability to exercise discretion, good independent judgment, critical thinking, and independent thinking in selecting the optimal course of action in regards to departmental projects.
- Excellent interpersonal, verbal and written communication and organizational skills.
- Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Office software is essential, including Outlook, Excel, and Word.
Qualified candidates must be able to effectively communicate with all levels of the organization.
NYU Langone provides its staff with far more than just a place to work. Rather, we are an institution you can be proud of, an institution where you'll feel good about devoting your time and your talents.
NYU Langone Medical Center is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer committed to diversity and inclusion in all aspects of recruiting and employment. All qualified individuals are encouraged to apply and will receive consideration without regard to race, color, gender, gender identity or expression, sex, sexual orientation, transgender status, gender dysphoria, national origin, age, religion, disability, military and veteran status, marital or parental status, citizenship status, genetic information or any other factor which cannot lawfully be used as a basis for an employment decision.
We require applications to be completed online.
If you wish to view NYU Langone Medical Center's EEO policies, please click here. Please click here to view the Federal 'EEO is the law' poster or visit http://www1.eeoc.gov/employers/poster.cfm for more information.