NYU Langone is one of the nation's premier academic medical centers that includes five hospitals (Tisch Hospital, Rusk Rehabilitation, Hospital for Joint Diseases, Hassenfeld Children's Hospital of New York, and NYU Lutheran Medical Center) and more than 200 ambulatory locations across the New York metropolitan area. It also includes NYU School of Medicine, which since 1841 has trained thousands of physicians and scientists who have helped to shape the course of medical history. Our trifold mission to serve, teach, and discover is achieved daily through an integrated academic culture devoted to excellence in patient care, education, and research. Learn more about NYU Langone.
We have an exciting opportunity to join our team as a FGP Receptionist (35).
In this role, the successful candidate Responsible for registering and scheduling patients in the appropriate IT system, organizing daily patient schedules, triaging incoming patient reports to appropriate locations, answering phones, preparation of billing information for billing services, obtaining and documenting insurance pre-authorizations and pre-certifications and facilitating physician and patient administrative needs
- Maintain physician patient schedule, patient procedure schedules and appointment calendar.
- Answer phones and screen incoming calls. Provide information, take messages or redirect calls to the appropriate person.
- Register and schedule new patient appointments. Schedules follow-up appointments when indicated.
- Obtain insurance pre-authorizations for treatments and diagnostic procedures.
- Maintain cooperative and professional relationships with physicians, nurses and office and clinical staff.
- Obtain and copy, to appropriate parties, results of laboratory tests and scans.
- Exercise skill in prioritizing assignments in order to complete work in a timely manner when there are changes in workload, assignments, pressures of deadlines, competitive requirements and/or a heavy workload.
- Demonstrate communication skills: using appropriate vocabulary and grammar when obtaining and conveying information to physicians, nurses and staff at various levels; in person, over the phone, in writing and in electronically sent messages.
- Ability to be flexible regarding responsibilities when needed.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
To qualify you must have a High School Diploma or the equivalent. Experience and competency with varied computer hardware and software, including word processing, spreadsheet, database, scheduling, communications and presentation applications. Writing skills to compose and edit logical, detailed, comprehensive and grammatically correct correspondence. Knowledge of insurance companies office visit and procedure policies to complete pre-authorization requirements. Knowledge of Trinity Centre procedures to obtain laboratory and imaging information. Skill in communicating with patients, families, physicians, nurses, staff and peers with diplomacy and tact. Knowledge of medical terminology. Ability to handle matters of highly confidential and sensitive nature. Ability to recognize and identify problems, recognize implications and propose alternative solutions. Skill in prioritizing assignments to complete work in a timely manner. Skill in working independently and in following through on assignments with minimal direction.
AAS or similar degree
Qualified candidates must be able to effectively communicate with all levels of the organization.
NYU Langone provides its staff with far more than just a place to work. Rather, we are an institution you can be proud of, an institution where you'll feel good about devoting your time and your talents.
NYU Langone Medical Center is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer committed to diversity and inclusion in all aspects of recruiting and employment. All qualified individuals are encouraged to apply and will receive consideration without regard to race, color, gender, gender identity or expression, sex, sexual orientation, transgender status, gender dysphoria, national origin, age, religion, disability, military and veteran status, marital or parental status, citizenship status, genetic information or any other factor which cannot lawfully be used as a basis for an employment decision. We require applications to be completed online.
If you wish to view NYU Langone Medical Center's EEO policies, please click here. Please click here to view the Federal 'EEO is the law' poster or visit http://www1.eeoc.gov/employers/poster.cfm for more information.