NYU Langone is one of the nation's premier academic medical centers that includes five hospitals (Tisch Hospital, Rusk Rehabilitation, Hospital for Joint Diseases, Hassenfeld Children's Hospital of New York, and NYU Lutheran Medical Center) and more than 200 ambulatory locations across the New York metropolitan area. It also includes NYU School of Medicine, which since 1841 has trained thousands of physicians and scientists who have helped to shape the course of medical history. Our trifold mission to serve, teach, and discover is achieved daily through an integrated academic culture devoted to excellence in patient care, education, and research. Learn more about NYU Langone.
We have an exciting opportunity to join our team as a Sr. Revenue Cycle Management Analyst.
In this role, the successful candidate This position is responsible for managing, coordinating, and implementing charge capture initiatives and processes to improve revenue management and revenue protection, as well as to ensure the overall integrity of the charge capture process in multiple hospital settings. Ideal candidate will have excellent analytic, presentation and communication skills.
- Extracts and complies data from various system sources to develop sound analyses leading to potential revenue cycle opportunities, conducting analyses related to CDM setup, charge capture, billing, and/or patient financial services. Utilizes appropriate analytical tools to extract, compile and manipulate data for purposes of analysis. Presents data in a clear, organized manner. Documents sources, specs, and assumptions for all analyses for future reference. Understands end goal of analysis, as a means to project data needs and requirements. Maintains skills in appropriate analytical tools (including, but not limited to Excel, Access, SAS, American Healthware, DSS system).
- Maintains data integrity when manipulating data files for purposes of analysis. Ensures data does not become corrupted in any way when performing analyses, through conscientious use of tools and a system of checks and balances. Spot checks result of queries and reports to ensure it meets with expectations before presenting finalized information. Runs data multiple ways when necessary to ensure accuracy of results.
- Liaises with department heads and other hospital personnel and executives for the purposes of information gathering to enhance revenue cycle opportunities. Represents RC department at meetings with hospital personnel. Seeks opportunities to gather information or knowledge from others outside of the RC department.
- Provides information and reports to other hospital constituencies regarding CDM, billing and charge capture. Accurately communicates when applicable to other hospital personnel regarding RC department matters.
- Supervises and trains other analysts as needed. Monitors the quantity and quality of the work performed by staff and institutes the appropriate follow-up to ensure desired outcomes are reached. Plans work flow effectively and delegates responsibilities as needed for optimum performance. Trains new staff members in a planned, efficient and effective manner, ensuring full understanding of revenue cycle policies and procedures and facilitating optimum independent functioning of staff. Provides effective ongoing in-service training based on areas of identified needs; develops clear and concise training sessions to meet those needs.
- Works independently, takes initiative, and thinks critically. Has the ability to function without supervision, completes assignments timely, requests feedback appropriately, and initiates inquiries to gain additional understanding.
- As an employee with Management level standing, demonstrates leadership qualities in all aspects of work. Demonstrates initiative, drive and self-confidence. Adheres to a professional code of conduct at all times. Ensures compliance with all departmental policies and procedures. Complies 100% with all HIPAA requirements, required training, and other Hospital mandated activities.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- To qualify you must have a BA/BS in Finance or Business Management, plus three to five years of experience in Finance or a related field.
- High level of analytical skills, and excellent communication skills required.
- Microsoft Access, Excel and Word are required.
Previous experience in a hospital finance setting (i.e. 3rd party reimbursement methodology, Charge Master, Patient Financial Services, hospital operations, etc). PowerPoint and Epic Resolute Hospital Billing.
Qualified candidates must be able to effectively communicate with all levels of the organization.
NYU Langone provides its staff with far more than just a place to work. Rather, we are an institution you can be proud of, an institution where you'll feel good about devoting your time and your talents.
NYU Langone Medical Center is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer committed to diversity and inclusion in all aspects of recruiting and employment. All qualified individuals are encouraged to apply and will receive consideration without regard to race, color, gender, gender identity or expression, sex, sexual orientation, transgender status, gender dysphoria, national origin, age, religion, disability, military and veteran status, marital or parental status, citizenship status, genetic information or any other factor which cannot lawfully be used as a basis for an employment decision. We require applications to be completed online.
If you wish to view NYU Langone Medical Center's EEO policies, please click here. Please click here to view the Federal 'EEO is the law' poster or visit http://www1.eeoc.gov/employers/poster.cfm for more information.