NYU Langone is one of the nation's premier academic medical centers that includes five hospitals (Tisch Hospital, Rusk Rehabilitation, Hospital for Joint Diseases, Hassenfeld Children's Hospital of New York, and NYU Lutheran Medical Center) and more than 200 ambulatory locations across the New York metropolitan area. It also includes NYU School of Medicine, which since 1841 has trained thousands of physicians and scientists who have helped to shape the course of medical history. Our trifold mission to serve, teach, and discover is achieved daily through an integrated academic culture devoted to excellence in patient care, education, and research. Learn more about NYU Langone.
We have an exciting opportunity to join our team as a Revenue Management Manager.
In this role, the successful candidate is responsible for projects related to revenue cycle initiatives including the charge master system files within the patient accounting system. Responsible for coordinating reviews, research, and maintenance related to the Charge Master for all Medical Center facilities. Provides guidance and supervision to Analysts to ensure that all project goals are accomplished according to specification on time.
- Participate in manager, operations, employee and other meetings as necessary.
- Provides information and reports to other hospital constituencies regarding CDM, billing and charge capture.
- Serves as a liaison with department heads and other hospital personnel and executives for the purposes of information gathering to enhance revenue cycle opportunities.
- Maintains data integrity when manipulating data files for purposes of analysis.
- Extracts and complies data from various system sources to develop sound analyses leading to potential revenue cycle opportunities, conducting analyses related to CDM setup, charge capture, billing, and/or patient financial services.
- Maintains knowledge of and adheres to all HIPAA compliance regulations.
- Assists in developing and communicating charge master-related policies affecting the institution as a whole.
- Analyzes revenue impact associated with various projects to determine priority and value.
- Assesses and mitigates risks to minimize negative consequences.
- Supervises the activities of one or more management analysts within the department, and ensures quality output on assignments.
- Provides regular status updates to Director of department, and communicates updates, relevant concerns and issues to the department as a whole as needed.
- Acts as a liaison with Patient Financial Systems and IT departments to ensure technical requirements are addressed.
- Manages current projects and initiatives related to charge master maintenance, revenue enhancement initiatives, and pricing strategies.
- Demonstrates knowledge of the organizations Service Standards and incorporates them into the performance of duties.
- Performs other job related duties as needed.
- To qualify you must have a - Bachelor's Degree in Finance, Business Management or a related field.
- Minimum of three (3) progressive experiences in Finance or a related field required.
- Minimum of three (3) progressive experiences in managing staff.
- Ability to manage, coordinate and facilitate project development process.
- Ability to supervise analysts.
- Ability to work with changing deadlines and shifting priorities.
- Proficient in the use of a personal computer including MS Office, Word, Excel.
- Effective oral, written, communication, interpersonal and presentation skills required.
- Prior experience in a hospital finance setting (ie reimbursement, charge master, patient financial services, hospital operations, etc).
- CPT and HCPCS coding experience (not required).
- Working knowledge of MS Office PowerPoint.
- Working knowledge of Epic Hospital Billing.
- Knowledge of Federal and State billing guidelines and regulations.
- Knowledge of Managed Care contracting terms and all other 3rd party payor billing requirements.
Qualified candidates must be able to effectively communicate with all levels of the organization.
NYU Langone provides its staff with far more than just a place to work. Rather, we are an institution you can be proud of, an institution where you'll feel good about devoting your time and your talents.
NYU Langone Medical Center is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer committed to diversity and inclusion in all aspects of recruiting and employment. All qualified individuals are encouraged to apply and will receive consideration without regard to race, color, gender, gender identity or expression, sex, sexual orientation, transgender status, gender dysphoria, national origin, age, religion, disability, military and veteran status, marital or parental status, citizenship status, genetic information or any other factor which cannot lawfully be used as a basis for an employment decision. We require applications to be completed online.
If you wish to view NYU Langone Medical Center's EEO policies, please click here. Please click here to view the Federal 'EEO is the law' poster or visit http://www1.eeoc.gov/employers/poster.cfm for more information.