| POSITION DETAILSThe Zicklin School of Business, Baruch College, is one of the largest and most diverse AACSB accredited schools of business in the United States, with approximately 14,000 students and 200 full-time faculty. Reporting to the Assistant Dean for Graduate Enrollment, this position is responsible for the planning, implementation and assessment of recruitment activities for the Evening MBA program. The Assistant Director is a key member of the admissions team and works collaboratively with other members of the Office of Graduate Admissions to achieve the School's enrollment goals.In addition to the general duties, the Assistant Director:|
* Assists with the implementation of recruitment events to include information sessions and online webinars.
* Conducts group presentations for prospective students.
* Actively engages potential students in conversations via phone, in person meetings, and emails about their graduate school plans, selection of a graduate program, and enrollment plans. Explains the curriculum, financial aid, and other related issues.
* Evaluates applications and coordinates the review process.
* Plans admissions events for prospective and admitted students.
* Supports recruitment activities for all graduate programs, as needed.Some evening and weekend work is to be expected.QUALIFICATIONSBachelor's degree and four years' related experience required. Master's degree preferred. The successful candidate should be a team player and have the ability to communicate effectively in person, in writing and by phone. S/he must also be experienced with Microsoft Office Suite and proficient in Excel.CUNY TITLE OVERVIEWSupervises activities in an operational unit supporting Admissions and/or Enrollment.
* Oversees staff activities; plans and monitors employee scheduling and coverage and coordinates training
* Serves as liaison to one or more departments providing student support services, such as Financial Aid
* Coordinates selection process activities such as applications review, verification of information, and timely forwarding of data to other CUNY areas
* Coordinates mailings and other communications
* Monitors activity and reports on both transactions and outcomes
* Completes projects to improve services and enhance productivity and cost-effectiveness
* Performs related duties as assigned.Job Title Name: Admissions SpecialistCUNY TITLEHigher Education AssistantFLSANon-exemptCOMPENSATION AND BENEFITSSalary commensurate with education and experience.CUNY's benefits contribute significantly to total compensation, supporting health and wellness, financial well-being, and professional development. We offer a range of health plans, competitive retirement/pension benefits and savings plans, tuition waivers for CUNY graduate study and generous paid time off. Our staff also benefits from the extensive academic, arts, and athletic programs on our campuses and the opportunity to participate in a lively, diverse academic community in one of the greatest cities in the world.HOW TO APPLYVisit www.cuny.edu, access the employment page, log in or create a new user account, and search for this vacancy using the Job ID or Title. Select "Apply Now" and provide the requested information.Candidates should provide a resume and cover letter.CLOSING DATEMay 10, 2017JOB SEARCH CATEGORYCUNY Job Posting: Managerial/ProfessionalEQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITYCUNY encourages people with disabilities, minorities, veterans and women to apply. At CUNY, Italian Americans are also included among our protected groups. Applicants and employees will not be discriminated against on the basis of any legally protected category, including sexual orientation or gender identity. EEO/AA/Vet/Disability Employer.*Location:
* Baruch College*Job Title:
* Assistant Director for MBA Admissions and Recruitment*Job ID:
* 16640*Full/Part Time: