| GENERAL DUTIESCompletes non-teaching projects or complex work in support of a Campus or University administrative or academic department. This work is generally of a temporary nature and requires specialized experience or expertise.CONTRACT TITLENon-Teaching AdjunctFLSAExemptCAMPUS SPECIFIC INFORMATIONQueensborough Community College invites applications for the position of Adjunct Counselor.One of the College's greatest strengths, and a necessary element of excellence, is the diversity of our community. We are committed to equal opportunity and affirmative action, and strive to attract and nurture a talented and diverse faculty and staff that proudly reflect the unique character of the local Queens community, the most diverse county in the United States.Reporting to the Director, the Adjunct Counselor will provide counseling services to Queensborough Community College students, as well as develop, conduct and manage multiple student functions and projects, including campus workshops, and instruct a required non-credit college success seminar in a classroom setting.The Counselor will:|
* Provide personal, academic, career, and transfer counseling to students.
* Assist students with educational planning, including problem solving strategies, goal setting, and provide developmental advisement.
* Make referrals to campus and community offices.
* Provide student advocacy services in relation to college offices and community agencies.
* Maintain records of student contacts.
* Provide crisis intervention.
* Facilitate a non-credit college success seminar in a classroom setting and on-line covering lessons on: Academic Standards, Time Management, Study Skills, Career Exploration, Expectations in a College Classroom, Academic Advisement, Navigating the QCC website, On-line services, and Stress Management.MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONSBachelor's Degree required.OTHER QUALIFICATIONSBachelor's degree and six years' related experience required. Doctoral degree in Psychology to include Ph.D. and Psy.D. programs - OR - Master's degree in an appropriate discipline for psychological counseling and New York State license as a mental health practitioner (social work, psychology, or mental health counseling).In addition, six years' professional experience is required for all candidates.Experience with online teaching preferred. Late afternoon and evening availability required.COMPENSATION$42.95 hourly rateBENEFITSCUNY offers a comprehensive benefits package to employees and eligible dependents based on job title and classification. Employees are also offered pension and Tax-Deferred Savings Plans. Part-time employees must meet a weekly or semester work hour criteria to be eligible for health benefits. Health benefits are also extended to retirees who meet the eligibility criteria.HOW TO APPLYTo apply, go to www.cuny.edu, access the employment page, log in or create a new user account, and search for this vacancy using the Job ID or Title. Select "Apply Now" and provide the requested information.Candidates must provide a resume and cover letter.CLOSING DATEOngoing to fill open positions.JOB SEARCH CATEGORYCUNY Job Posting: Managerial/ProfessionalEQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITYCUNY encourages people with disabilities, minorities, veterans and women to apply. At CUNY, Italian Americans are also included among our protected groups. Applicants and employees will not be discriminated against on the basis of any legally protected category, including sexual orientation or gender identity. EEO/AA/Vet/Disability Employer.*Location:
* Queensborough CC*Job Title:
* Adjunct Counselor (Non-Teaching Adjunct, Level 2) - Counseling Center*Job ID:
* 16634*Full/Part Time: