ProHealth Care offers a system-wide laboratory operation with core hospital labs at Waukesha Memorial and Oconomowoc Memorial as well as two clinic-based laboratory sites in Waukesha County and performs over 8 million tests annually.
Our Lab services operate out of state of the art facilities and include clinical testing in the areas of Histology, Cytology, Hematology, Coagulation, Clinical Chemistry, Urinalysis, Immunoassay, Microbiology, Transfusion service, EIA, and Molecular Biology. ProHealth Care offers a vibrant outreach program, providing laboratory testing to numerous specialty hospitals, physician offices, and nursing home facilities. We have PhDs on site who work closely with lab employees to monitor quality, identify, access, and implement new technology. The Laboratory has certification and accreditation through the College of American Pathologists (CAP) Joint Commission (JCAHO), American Association of Blood Banks (AABB) and Clinical Laboratory Improvement Act (CLIA).
Hours: Main 1st shift start times between 4:00a - 6:30a with end times 12:30p -3:00p, occasional 2nd shift start times 1:00p - 3:00p end times 9:30p - 11:30p. Two holidays per year and every other weekend rotation.
Full Time / Part Time: Part Time with Benefits
FUNCTIONAL PURPOSE: Draw/collect/or obtains specimens from patients by means of venipuncture and/or arterial collection. Receive/deliver specimens to the proper location.
CUSTOMER SERVICEAND ORGANIZATIONAL STANDARDS: Maintains a cooperative working relationship with patients, patient's families, medical staff, interdepartmental staff and immediate co-workers. Incorporates and demonstrates the ten standards of customer service excellence by responding with excellent service, respect, and compassion. Understands and supports practices and goals of Waukesha Memorial Hospital.
TECHNICAL SKILL COMPETENCIES: Collects specimens according to ProHealth Care protocol, completes phlebotomy competencies, and understands the critical nature of patient identification and confidentiality. Adheres to all ProHealth Care's policy and procedures at all times
SPECIFIC JOB SUMMARY:
- Flexibility to adjust to changing surroundings and scheduling.
- Day to day fluctuations in the environment: i.e. can be called to task to support Floors, Outpatients, ICU, Specimen Processing or other departments on an "on- needed" basis. Adapts to changing environments and stressful situations. Responds to change w/o excess need or direction while remaining calm in demeanor and ability.
- Flexible in work schedule regarding workload, time end/start points, and movement within departments.
- Excellent communication and people skills
- Effective use of time, creative, adaptable and able to accept constructive criticism
- Ability to utilize time management skills while using downtime to work on projects, training, orientations, mentoring while keeping a good attitude, being helpful and cooperative,
- Must be a critical thinker, possess basic computer and typing skills, willing to cross train in other areas and open to professional development
- Ability to multitask (wearing different hats daily) and accomplish daily objectives in the absence of direct supervision with an independent thought process.
- High School Diploma/GED required.
- Experience from "on the job" training or a certification program in Phlebotomy is required.
ProHealth Care has been the health care leader in Waukesha County and surrounding areas for the past century, providing outstanding care across a full spectrum of services. The people of ProHealth Care strive to continuously improve the health and well-being of the community by combining skill, compassion and innovation. The ProHealth family includes Waukesha Memorial Hospital, Oconomowoc Memorial Hospital, the Rehabilitation Hospital of Wisconsin, ProHealth Medical Group clinics, AngelsGrace Hospice, ProHealth Home Care & Hospice, West Wood Health & Fitness Center and Regency Senior Communities. Learn more at ProHealthCare.org.
ProHealth Care, one of the largest employers in Waukesha County, offers work that is challenging and rewarding. The organization is dedicated to providing the highest quality service to our patients and their families and treats each individual with respect – the way they should be treated. ProHealth Care supports a Just Culture, one that encourages an open learning environment and maintaining safe systems. We have high expectations for those who join our team of nearly 5,000 employees. In return, we offer exceptional career opportunities in a dynamic, health care system where the contributions of every team member are valued.
ProHealth Care is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to an inclusive work environment and values the perspectives of our people. We maintain a drug-free workplace and perform pre-employment substance abuse testing. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, status as a protected veteran, among other things, or status as a qualified individual with disability.