The HRIS Analyst II provides professional and technical support to users of HR Systems at all levels of the organization. Research, analyze, design and maintain a variety of reports and queries. Serve as a liaison with Information Technology to resolve system and programming related problems. Maintain data integrity of systems by running queries and analyzing data. Will work on a variety of projects to support, maintain, and improve business processes and the associated PeopleSoft Applications. In addition, the HRIS Analyst II is responsible for investigating and resolving end-user and system issues. The individual must develop a clear understanding of functional business processes and policies, work independently as well as in a team setting. Knowledge of PeopleSoft HR, Recruitment, Base Benefit, Benefits Administration and Reporting tools are required.
- PeopleSoft Query writing ability required
- Excellent computer skills, expert level user with Microsoft Office Excel
- Knowledge of information systems, analysis and programming
- Knowledge of system features and integration capabilities
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, along with interpersonal skills
- Analytical programming and troubleshooting skills
- Ability design or enhance computer applications
- Ability to test, debug, document, and maintain systems Ability to
prepare reports and maintain records and documentation. Develops
and produces HRIS solutions for assigned projects.
- Works closely with HR and IT staff and other users to solve system
and/or user problems. Performs functional configuration tasks for the
HRIS modules and tables to satisfy requests for fixes, changes and
enhancements. Performs testing and troubleshoots related issues.
- Participates in the design and implementation of new HRIS modules
and other system enhancements. Investigates, analyzes,
recommends and executes alternatives for business process flow,
data storage, test plans, user documentation and training.
- Trains and provides technical support for HR staff in using HRIS.
Other projects and duties as assigned.
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or related degree, OR four
(4) years of related HRIS work experience in lieu of degree
- Proficiency with PeopleSoft Query tools required
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Access)
- Five (5) years PeopleSoft Business Analysis experience.
Work Experience (Years and Area): 7 Years within Information Systems (I.S.). At least three (3) years PeopleSoft, Kronos experience.
- Understands functional processes and business rules related to the
applications being implemented and supported.
- Ability to articulate and document processes and procedures to
ensure continuity of workflow across the various organizational
- Demonstrates adaptability and flexibility in the face of changing
demands. Ability to exceed customer expectation, quality, and
- Participate in production changes that may occur after 5:00p.m. or on
Harris Health System benefits program is designed to provide you with more flexibility and choices in meeting your specific needs. Harris Health System benefits program allows you to protect your income in case of illness, death and disability, and to help you save for retirement.
It is the policy of Harris Health System to provide equal opportunity for all applicants for employment regardless political affiliation, race, color, national origin, age, sex, religious creed or disability. Applicants may request any reasonable accommodation(s) to participate in the application process.
Harris Health is a nationally recognized health system comprising three teaching hospitals and an extensive network of ambulatory care centers serving the people of Harris County, Texas, since 1966. Staffed by the faculty, fellows and residents from two nationally ranked medical schools, Baylor College of Medicine and The University of Texas Health Science Center at Houston (UTHealth), Harris Health is the first healthcare system in Houston to receive the prestigious National Committee for Quality Assurance (NCQA) designation for its network of patient-centered medical homes.
Each year, Harris Health provides more than 1.8 million total outpatient visits through its more than 40 ambulatory care facilities. Additionally, Harris Health sees more than 177,000 emergency visits at its Level 1 and Level 3 trauma centers and 35,000 hospital admissions through its three hospitals: Ben Taub, LBJ and Quentin Mease.
Established by voter referendum to enhance the level of charity care available in the community, Harris Health System has often received national recognition for serving those in need and for its achievements in operational excellence, such as being named to the 2011, 2012, 2013 and 2014 Most Wired Hospitals lists by the American Hospital Association’s Hospitals & Health Networks magazine.
Additionally, Harris Health System is pleased that each of its three hospitals — Ben Taub, Lyndon B. Johnson and Quentin Mease — achieved Pathway to Excellence™ designation by the American Nurses Credentialing Center.