Located in central Denver’s historic Washington Park residential neighborhood, associates at Porter Adventist Hospital enjoy beautiful surroundings, leading technology, outstanding leadership and easy access to everything great central Denver has to offer. As a full-service Magnet® designated, 368-bed acute-care referral center specializing in cancer care, joint replacement, spinal care, advanced robotic surgery and organ transplantation, Porter Adventist Hospital treats some of the region’s most complex medical cases and surgery patients. Our Heart and Vascular Institute is the first and only program in Colorado to receive full Heart Failure Accreditation status from the Society of Cardiovascular Patient Care. We have also received numerous awards and honors including: The Healthgrades Patient Safety Excellence Award (2014); top 50th orthopedic program ranking by U.S. News & World Report with high performing honors in eight specialties (2014); an “A” rating from the Leapfrog Group for Patient Safety (2014), as well as many others. The Porter tradition of blending science and spirit began more than 75 years ago by Denver businessman Henry Porter with his generous donation after he experienced care at a Seventh Day Adventist Facility in CA and sought to bring that same philosophy of care to Denver. If you are ready for a career where the work you do truly transcends the walls of a hospital, we invite you to learn more at: http://www.porterhospital.org/
Job Description/Job Posting ID: 102199
Recruiter Contact:Stephanie Angellotto (StephanieAngellotto@centura.org)
Clinic/Department: 8541 PAH PLANT OPERATIONS
Hospital: PORTER ADVENTIST HOSPITAL
Perform all preventative maintenance and repairs necessary for regulatory compliance, quality patient care, staff and safety in the assigned areas.
- High School diploma or equivalent
- Ability to read, write, speak and comprehend English
work experience requirements
- Read and interpret blueprints, schematics and wiring diagrams (desirable)
- Quality Improvement Process
- Demonstrate experience (1-2 yrs) and proficiency in the following areas: Maintenance plumbing; Maintenance Electrical; Carpentry; General equipment repair
Position duties (essential functions, INCLUDE % OF TIME)
GENERAL MAINTENANCE – 80%
- Oversees, coordinates or affects all maintenance and repairs as they relate to the assigned area of responsibility. Including but not limited to:
- All scheduled preventative maintenance i.e. beds, convectors, thermostats, fire doors, wall penetrations, plumbing fixtures, lights, exit lights, fire extinguishers.
SAFETY – 20%
- Inspects and repairs area of responsibility to ensure the area is functional, safe, and aesthetically acceptable, i.e. appropriate signage, secure handrails, ceiling tile in place and not soiled, painting, furniture, blinds and drapes.
- Performs other duties as assigned i.e. assist with hospital emergencies on and off shift (evening or nights) Duties may include but not limited to snow removal, electrical, power outages, flooding and routine maintenance checks etc.
* This job description is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all duties. Employee may perform other related duties as assigned.
Important notification to applicants as of Nov. 20, 2014: Effective Jan. 1, 2015, Centura Health will no longer hire tobacco users in Colorado and Kansas. The change to our policy does not apply to associates hired on or before Dec. 31, 2014. Centura Health is an Equal Opportunity Employer, M/F/D/V.