At the Commonwealth Bank of Australia (CBA), we're committed to building a diverse and inclusive workforce reflecting the customers, businesses and communities we serve. As a value's driven organisation, we nurture and support our people; through focussing on skill and talent development, collaboration, flexibility and internal promotion. With service in mind at every touch point, we take accountability for the role we play in securing and enhancing the financial wellbeing of people, businesses and communities. At CBA you can be you.
About the business:
Risk Management is responsible for developing and deploying the risk frameworks to allow the Group to take conscious exposures to credit, market, operational, compliance and insurance risks within a Board-approved appetite. Risk Management ensures that the Group has appropriate strategies and frameworks in place to assess, manage and report on credit, market, operational, compliance and insurance risks.
The key purpose of this role is to support sustainable business growth across for Institutional Banking & Markets (IB&M) and Private Bank (PB) operations located in Asia through optimal risk/reward decisions and advice on regulatory obligations and regulatory risk.
- Monitor and communicate changes to compliance obligations and take appropriate actions to ensure ongoing compliance where necessary.
- Develop, execute and maintain the compliance risk management framework including compliance monitoring, controls assurance and reporting programs.
- Evaluate and advise on compliance issues in relation to the Branch Product Development and Distribution initiatives.
- Develop and maintain co-operative and effective working relationships with stakeholders.
- Contribute to the design, implementation and on-going improvement of the control environment to support ongoing regulatory compliance and the Compliance Risk Management Framework.
- Contribute to the development of, and undertake Compliance training.
- Ensure compliance with licensing requirements.
- Contribute to management of the relationship with Singapore regulators.
- Oversee compliance with Financial Crime compliance obligations.
Who are you?
- Institutional banking and financial markets product and process knowledge
- Strong knowledge of regulatory requirements including Financial Crime (AML, Sanctions and ABC), and their practical application in a wholesale banking context
- Minimum 5 years' experience a financial services Compliance role or other relevant risk or consulting role, with commercial awareness and business partnering abilities
- Strong written and spoken business English skills is essential. Cantonese or Mandarin is desirable but not essential.
- Strong stakeholder management skills.
- Professional services/consulting/audit experience is highly desirable.
- Ability to work independently with strong time management skills.
We value you and won't leave you hanging. Our advertising closes 28 April 2017 but expect to hear from us within a week of the closing date. Best of luck!
Have a question about your application, our process or what happens next? Click here for some of the most commonly asked questions about applying for a role at CommBank.