The Institutional Research Analyst supports the Office of Institutional Research and Effectiveness in the development and implementation of a systematic institutional research program in support of institutional effectiveness. The Research Analyst is responsible for the development and production of statistical and analytical reports that provide relevant and timely information for institutional planning, assessment, and decision-making.
This position is a non-exempt, hourly position reporting directly to the Director of Institutional Research and Effectiveness.
- Collaborates and assists with institutionally focused analyses, studies, and reports
- Provides statistical data, research, and analysis using multiple and disparate datasets and information sources that require data cleansing and transformation
- Visually and narratively interprets the results of research and analysis based on the needs of those requesting data or the target audience.
- Drafts written reports with summarization and presentation of data, research findings, and recommendations for internal dissemination
- Access, collect, refine, and manage data from internal and external information systems, surveys, and data stewards
- Consults with internal college constituencies to determine and clarify data, reports and research requirements
- Assists in administration and analysis of institutionally focused survey research (quantitative and qualitative)
- Provide insight on research findings within the context of Ursinus and the field of higher education
- Provide operational support related to administrative and academic support department assessment, planning, accreditation, and internal and external reporting.
Skills, Knowledge, and Abilities:
- Applied knowledge of statistical methodologies; qualitative and quantitative research methods
- Ability to effectively interpret results and present findings using appropriate data visualization techniques
- Strong data management skills; experience using relational database systems preferred.
- Ability to assess data integrity; work with campus departments to resolve/reconcile data issues.
- Ability to complete projects with a high degree of attention to detail and accuracy.
- Strong project management and organizational skills to multi-task efficiently to meet deadlines.
- Ability to take initiative and work independently given broad goals/guidelines/parameters by developing strategies to meet data needs and resolve problems.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Ability to work with a variety of constituencies (students, faculty, and staff).
- Ability and initiative to learn new computer skills and programs.
- Good judgment, discretion, and ability to maintain integrity with confidential information/data including familiarity with the Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act (FERPA).
- Bachelor’s degree required
- Experience in data analysis and statistical interpretation required
- Proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel, Powerpoint, and Access required
- Intermediate to advanced skills in Excel preferred.
- Proficiency in a statistical analyses software package; SPSS statistical software preferred
- Experience within the field of higher education preferred
- Experience with qualitative methods a plus
Interested candidates should apply online here. Once you create an applicant account, you will be prompted to upload your cover letter, resume, and a list with contact information for three references to the applicant database. Cover letter should be specific in describing relevant experience and abilities. Review of applications will continue until the position is filled.
Ursinus is an EO/AA employer. Ursinus College does not discriminate on grounds of race, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, religion, age, creed, ancestry, veteran status, marital status, disability, or other classification protected by applicable law in the administration of any of its educational programs or activities or with respect to employment.