- Functional knowledge of the Macintosh operating system as well as Apple and PC hardware. A functional and working knowledge of administrative software associated with these ?systems.
- Strong interpersonal skills in dealing with a wide range of clients with varying levels of computer familiarity.
- Ability to translate technical instructions into easily understood steps to diverse client base.
- Ability to interact, communicate and work well with others.
- Commitment to exemplary customer service; strong customer service skills including rapid response time and appropriate follow-up skills.
- Strong organizational and time management skills, including the ability to multi-task, prioritize, and manage a changing workload and schedule.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to learn existing and emerging computer technologies quickly.
- 1-3 years of customer service experience in the direct delivery of IT support.
- Experience providing phone support.
- Demonstrated experience providing exemplary customer service.
The above information on this position description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by individuals within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job. Requirements are subject to possible modification to reasonably accommodate qualified individuals with disabilities. This document does not create an employment contract, implied or otherwise, other than an “at will” employment relationship.
External and internal applicants, as well as position incumbents who become disabled as defined under the Americans With Disabilities Act, must be able to perform the essential job functions (as listed) either unaided or with the assistance of a reasonable accommodation to be determined by management on a case-by-case basis.
*** Application Instructions Specific to this Position ***
Currently enrolled Berklee students may not apply for staff or faculty positions.
Applicants who are both interested and qualified should submit the following materials:
- Cover letter that addresses the applicant’s capabilities and experiences.
- A resume or CV.
Incomplete applications will not be considered. The position will remain open for applications until filled.
Berklee College of Music is committed to increasing the diversity of the college community and the curriculum. Candidates who can contribute to that goal are encouraged to apply and to identify their strengths in this area.
Berklee provides a diverse and inclusive work environment
We all share a universal love for listening to, and creating music
We work on Macs