Erie Neighborhood House, a progressive social service agency serving the Chicago metropolitan area and dedicated to promoting a just and inclusive society, is seeking a part-time Receptionist. The Receptionist may work at one of two Erie sites: at 1701 W. Superior or at 1347 W. Erie. Reporting to the Lead Receptionist, the Receptionist’s basic function is to respond to all incoming telephone calls, greet visitors, direct participants and guests appropriately and perform some program data-entry. The Receptionist serves as the initial point of contact of the organization and should be professional, sensitive and courteous in dealing with the organization’s diverse community. The Receptionist must possess a spirit of collaborative support, professionalism, and a strong initiative to work effectively with the Reception team and all other Erie departments.
Primary Position Responsibilities:
- Answers all telephone inquiries and efficiently manages a multi-line switchboard and directs all calls to appropriate personnel.
- Greets and directs clients, parents and guests and responds to their inquiries in a courteous and professional manner.
- Provides intake or other types of materials (as provided by program staff) to program participants and relays completed intake information to the appropriate department/program.
- Enters participant data on google spreadsheet for Citizenship & Immigration program.
- Processes incoming, outgoing, and inter-office mail and maintains log of postage meter on a monthly basis.
- Operates office equipment/machines including a desktop computer, copier, fax machine and postage meter to send/receive and process materials for the programming staff. Performs basic maintenance of equipment (e.g. restocking with paper and dealing with paper jams). Promptly reports to the ITS Department any breakdown of equipment.
- Updates the agency’s lobby public information area with information provided by the program and management staff.
- Maintains and keeps track of the use of all meeting spaces/conferences rooms in conjunction with the Sr. Director of Programs at the House, as well as maintenance/operations staff, and helps make adjustments as necessary.
- Ensures the neat and professional appearance of the agency’s reception areas at all times.
- Serves as backup for other Reception staff, including working some evenings and/or Saturdays.
- Other duties as assigned.
Please forward cover letter, resume and a list of three professional references by Thursday, April 13, 2017 to:
Ms. Maria Medina
Erie Neighborhood House
1701 W. Superior Street
Chicago, IL 60622 or send via
Email at email@example.com NO TELEPHONE CALLS PLEASE!
ERIE NEIGHBORHOOD HOUSE IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER; ACCREDITED BY NATIONAL ASSOCIATION FOR THE EDUCATION OF YOUNG CHILDREN AND THE NATIONAL AFTERSCHOOL ASSOCIATION; RECOGNIZED BY BOARD OF IMMIGRATION APPEALS; UNITED WAY MEMBER
Follow the employer's instructions to apply for this job.