- Supervises and mentors staff during assigned shift. Determines staffing level and assignments based on staff availability, staff abilities, census, and patient acuity.
- Provides direct patient care as needed. Floats between staff to assist with problem-solving. May take patient assignments to meet staffing needs.
- Evaluates the effectiveness of patient care, including formal evaluation, and identifies any issues that affect desired patient outcomes. Responds to complaints about patient care and related services, and manages through established channels.
- Performs role-specific duties as assigned, including entering orders, performing admissions or discharges, and coordinating transfers. Ensures staff has necessary equipment and supplies to provide safe, quality patient care.
- ACLS completed within 6 months
UCHealth is a special place and it requires a special type of person to work here. We are committed to attracting exceptional people who possess a rare combination of talent, drive, and intellectual curiosity. They are the people who naturally gravitate toward our culture, our geography, and our passion for discovery -- ambitious people for whom UCHealth isn't just a career, but an elevated state of mind.
With award-winning hospitals and facilities serving the entire Front Range, University of Colorado Health is the state's largest and most innovative health system. By integrating the strengths of academic medicine with the finest community health care, we're able to push the boundaries of medicine and offer our employees endless career opportunities. Here, there are no limits, except those you place on yourself. Everyone is united by their passion for discovery and their commitment to improving patients' lives.
Join Us. Together We Improve lives.
The University of Colorado Health (UCHealth) system recognizes and appreciates the rich array of talents and perspectives that equal employment and diversity can offer our institution. As an affirmative action/equal opportunity employer, UCHealth is committed to making all employment decisions based on valid requirements. No applicant shall be discriminated against in any terms, conditions or privileges of employment or otherwise be discriminated against because of the individual's race, creed, color, religion, gender, national origin or ancestry, age, mental or physical disability, sexual orientation, gender variance, genetic information or veteran status. UCHealth does not discriminate against any "qualified applicant with a disability" as defined under the Americans with Disabilities Act and will make reasonable accommodations, when they do not impose an undue hardship on the organization.